PDA

View Full Version : 7 Visits?

Brag
04-05-08, 06:55 PM
I've been told that it takes the average online shopper seven visits to a title before buying the book. What is your experience in deciding whether to buy a book or not?

STEED
04-05-08, 07:01 PM
Recommendations price and number of pages plays its roll or a stab in the dark which up to now has worked for me. ;)

Etienne
04-06-08, 12:18 AM
Seven visits? I don't see it happening. When I buy a book, the backcover (Or the dust jacket description) is definetly the deal breaker, along with, sometime, the author and reviews. Price can kill, too.

But seven visits? I think that's how many visits I made to the dell site before I ordered the Laptop of Doom, and I thought that was a lot. For a book... Not so much.

I could see it being seven recommendations to go from "Uh, what?" to "Ok, I need to buy that."

But checking the amazon page seven times, no way.

Sailor Steve
04-06-08, 01:26 AM
Usually if I buy a book online it's because I'm already looking for it. If I find it for a price that seems right to me I buy it. Now.

Jimbuna
04-06-08, 09:13 AM
If I was still undecided after 6 visits there would obviously something troubling me, so I wouldn't bother.

First visit usually, especially if it's something I'm already looking for.

The only downside is that I usually come across said title a little later at a reduced price. :doh:

TteFAboB
04-06-08, 12:48 PM
I never buy a book in the dark, not offline, not online, so I always know what I'm looking for. I'll also use www.bookfinder.com (http://www.bookfinder.com) or similar to give me the prices. Knowing what I want plus having already found the cheapest offer means I'm buying it in one visit, whatever store it is.

Kapitan_Phillips
04-06-08, 01:24 PM
Usually a subject matter that interests me and the price. If its a cheap book about submarines, then I'll buy it anyway. When I was last in the US, I picked up a copy of "Command at Sea" and Clancy's SSN. Both are pretty darn good.