PDA

View Full Version : My unreliable watch officer.

the.terrabyte.pirate
04-01-08, 05:35 AM
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii205/The_Terrabyte_Pirate/nuts.jpg

I mean, c'mon! He's wearing a raincoat. How can I trust him to spot destoyers and aircraft if he can't even recognise that it's raining. I think he should be keelhauled.

mcf1
04-01-08, 05:47 AM
Check out his name, it must be Bernard or one of his relatives :rotfl:
But serious now. I was cruising on the surface when the event camera poped ud, showing an aircraft, it was near my boat and it saw me, I ordered crash dive and
evaded the bombs it dropped. The weather was clear and none of my watch crew reported the plane. A bug maybe? (stock sh3 patched to 1.4)

SmokinTep
04-01-08, 06:20 AM
They were probably sleeping on watch..............:yep:

irish1958
04-01-08, 07:40 AM
? Too much grog?

Sailor Steve
04-01-08, 09:38 AM
The 'Precipitation None' while it's pouring rain is an old bug. I just pretend the wind is blowing a lot of ocean around.

Brag
04-01-08, 10:32 AM
I was scraping my hull against a tanker at night with rain and fog. None of my crew could see it :damn:

papa_smurf
04-01-08, 12:25 PM
Bernard strikes again!

Tango589
04-01-08, 12:35 PM
I was scraping my hull against a tanker at night with rain and fog. None of my crew could see it :damn:

I crashed into a minesweeper that was chugging out of the harbour and nobody on deck thought that it might be even vaguely noteworthy that there was a boat in our path. BTW I lost U-124 by plotting a course home through the channel and crashing into a very small island off the coast of Cornwall that obviously escaped the loaf-of-bread sharp bridge crew's attention. *sigh*.

Elmer Kosterman
04-02-08, 12:53 AM
It's actually the navigation officer that gives weather updates. Probably improvising from his bunk in this case :sunny:.

Uncle Goose
04-02-08, 04:39 AM
i must say the AI of the watch crew isn't the best around, I have spotted many ships before them. IRL they could even spot the faintest smoketrail on the horizon but in SHIII they sometimes don't report a ship that is right before them.

Salad
04-03-08, 12:16 AM
Remember you must have a watch officer on duty to call any ships, even though you still have the dim wits standing up with binoculars. Unless the watch officer is present they will not make any calls.

And for goodness sake NEVER leave Bernard up there......:roll:

skookum
04-03-08, 01:28 AM
Remember you must have a watch officer on duty to call any ships, even though you still have the dim wits standing up with binoculars. Unless the watch officer is present they will not make any calls.

Not entirely true. I usually have only one seaman on deck while the rest are asleep in the mess. That one seaman always calls out enemy ships and planes.