PDA

View Full Version : Why me? I am a good person

Platapus
03-31-08, 07:07 PM
In the middle of a great patrol. Ran across three large cargos on my way to my patrol area. Sunk all of them. Saved between all of them.

Then the game crashed. All my reloads are corrupted. every single one!

Had over 20,000 tons and I have not even gotten to my patrol area. :nope:

Had to start a new career all over again. :cry:

Why me? sniff sniff

-SWCowboy.
03-31-08, 07:41 PM
I can't say I know how you feel, but I'd be pretty ticked off if that ever happened to me :damn: That really sucks man!! :down:

bookworm_020
03-31-08, 07:56 PM
Did you save when you were submerged??? If so, that's where you went wrong!:yep:

Brag
03-31-08, 08:14 PM
Bwaaaa. I can't load the Balz career :cry:

Platapus
04-01-08, 05:16 AM
Did you save when you were submerged??? If so, that's where you went wrong!:yep:

Nope always saved on the surface when there were no other ships around.:know:

It is not starting the career over that bothers me. I have started many careers.

It is just that I had three separate battles with large cargos and I don't run across too many of them

They were beautiful setups. Three torps nicely spaced and luckily no duds!

Ah well, at least I still have my memories (sniff sniff)

Grayson02sept1980
04-01-08, 06:14 AM
take it sportive.... you had the fun of sinking them after all, no? :up:

my whole career was kille with my partition crash 3 weeks ago... so what?

SmokinTep
04-01-08, 06:22 AM
I had a great patrol once. Really bad weather, found a convoy in my patrol area, spent like hours sinking and evading. Was heading home in TC.............BLAM, MUST OF HIT SOMETHING.....:damn:

papa_smurf
04-01-08, 12:16 PM
dang, thats just plain unlucky:nope:

04-01-08, 01:41 PM
Maybe we should start a thread "Game crash reports" and see if we can nail this down. Everytime your game crashes on a reload, report everything, weather, proximity to ships, time since last save... etc. Once I saved a game then a few moments later did a save and exit and my game wouldnt reload afterwards. Cant say the the time between the saves would make a difference or not. Once I was happy to have a reload crash, because I had only sunk a coastal freighter and was low on fuel...
I have a feeling that a game crash report would go something like this: Weather: Clear, proximity to ships: none, since last save: 24 game hours....
Giving us no idea why the game would crash.
Also, have you noticed that sometimes the game comes to a stop while running 2048tc, then by pressing the backspace key a couple of times to get out of TC, nothing happens? By that I mean, going back up to 2048tc the game runs fine? I thought this was because of a weather change. This "hiccup" could be a cause to why the save doesnt reload? Not sure.

ichso
04-01-08, 01:59 PM
I saved when being submerged quite often. Even when being DC'ed.
Problems occured rarely though and I never understood why so many people have so many problems with their saved games.

Kpt, Otto
04-01-08, 02:54 PM
Something similar happened to me. I noticed that on one occasion after I had sunk a ship during my patrol the green/red indicator didnt go back to green. (Thats the little uboat on the display that turns green or red indicating you may have been spotted.)

...anyhow it remained red and didnt go back to green even after fifty or so miles from where i sank the last ship.

I saved the game two or three times after that.

When I loaded the career up later none of the saves after that point would load again. They were all corrupt.

Strangely as an experiment I copied and pasted my career into a dual installed version of GWX 2, one I use for testing purposes and guess what? It ran fine!!

It simply refused to run in my normal game installation? Both duel instalations are identical except on differant file paths.

Fortunately for me I could go back to a save prior to the one where the green/red indicator problem occured and I was able to resume my carreer. I just lost that particular sinking.

Strange... ! :p

Captain Nemo
04-02-08, 08:46 AM
I saved when being submerged quite often. Even when being DC'ed.
Problems occured rarely though and I never understood why so many people have so many problems with their saved games.

I too have saved in many different situations, submerged, close to convoys etc and have not experienced the save game bug. Perhaps we are just lucky. Out of interest to gauge how many people have experienced this particular problem, perhaps a poll should be conducted on the forum, I'm not sure how to set this up though.

Nemo

mcf1
04-02-08, 08:53 AM
Bad luck :down:

ichso
04-02-08, 08:59 AM
I too have saved in many different situations, submerged, close to convoys etc and have not experienced the save game bug. Perhaps we are just lucky. Out of interest to gauge how many people have experienced this particular problem, perhaps a poll should be conducted on the forum, I'm not sure how to set this up though.

Nemo Me neither.
But it should be interesting if someone would set up a poll.

Captain Nemo
04-02-08, 09:04 AM

Nemo Me neither.

I'll have a go at setting one up.

Nemo

Jimbuna
04-02-08, 11:28 AM

Nemo Me neither.

I'll have a go at setting one up.

Nemo

Congrats....you adapted and overcame http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/9026/wolfthumbsuprw5.gif (http://imageshack.us)