PDA

View Full Version : Patch 1.6

kiborg
03-31-08, 10:05 AM
Will patch 1.6 correct bugs in U-Boat Missions Add On? When UBI will release patch 1.6?

wetwarev7
03-31-08, 10:11 AM
My magic eight ball says 'probably' and 'ask again later'.....

I certainly hope they do....:up:

DeepIron
03-31-08, 10:16 AM
Will patch 1.6 correct bugs in U-Boat Missions Add On? When UBI will release patch 1.6?I wasn't aware a "Patch 1.6" was even on the radar... :shifty:

TDK1044
03-31-08, 10:47 AM
I think it's reasonable to assume that Ubisoft would have budgeted one patch for the Add On release. It is a retail purchase, and a patch after release is almost certainly going to be required. :D

DeepIron
03-31-08, 10:54 AM
I think it's reasonable to assume that Ubisoft would have budgeted one patch for the Add On release. It is a retail purchase, and a patch after release is almost certainly going to be required. :DThat would be cool... as long as it's not another 1.5! ;) Hopefully some of the long standing stuff will be fixed...

<DeepIron braces for inevitable flood of posts to follow> :lol:

Kapitan_Phillips
03-31-08, 11:04 AM
I didnt really notice much in the addon that needed desperate attention. Then again, I'm not a hardcore realism nut, and I use a supermod :lol:

SteamWake
03-31-08, 11:45 AM
I'm glad there is two threads on the same topic.

Holding my breath...

Sirkam
04-01-08, 02:26 AM
Probably in a few months arrive the 1.6 patch, but for now, time to wait underwater.

Uber Gruber
04-03-08, 06:41 AM
Having burnt my fingers a couple of times with UBI, I'm glad I no longer buy any of their releases untill at least a couple of patches after a release. I'm still holding off getting the U-Boat add on till its stable, which probably doesn't help the UBI biz heads with their quarterly figures.....:hmm:

Torplexed
04-03-08, 06:54 AM
Having burnt my fingers a couple of times with UBI, I'm glad I no longer buy any of their releases untill at least a couple of patches after a release. I'm still holding off getting the U-Boat add on till its stable, which probably doesn't help the UBI biz heads with their quarterly figures.....:hmm:
Yeah. That's the conundrum of a subsimmer. Buy their product upon release and expect frustrating bugs, missing features and wait for patches. Put off buying it until they get their act together and enough others do the same, then the last major software outfit putting out subsims decides to drop them from their product line. 'Tis a paradox. :damn:

Uber Gruber
04-03-08, 07:15 AM
I hear you my friend....but i'd rather have no sub sims than be at ransom to the unethical business practice of releasing "half-done" products. Tis, for me at least, a matter of championing the right values in this rather deplorable society we find ourselves in.

Oh well...nowt gained without suffering.

Rockin Robbins
04-03-08, 07:23 AM
But SH4UBM is solid. There is no cause for delay. It loads significantly faster and is even stouter than patch 1.4. I've been happy since patch 1.3. It's long past the appropriate time to complain about UBI. They supported their product in a climate where game companies don't always do that and SH4UBM improves on the patch 1.4 product in measurable and significant ways.

For better or worse, in a nitch market such as sub sims, who gets there first owns the market, as there are just not enough buyers to support two competing products. Therefore a valid and reasonable part of UBI's strategy was to preclude competitors muscling them out of the market by getting the game to market first and making it good later. A good plan today beats a perfect plan tomorrow, simply because today's imperfect implementation prevents tomorrow's perfect plan from being born. Hint: tomorrow's perfect plan is just as flawed as today's.

The system worked well. We have the best sub simulators in history, by quite a long shot. And they are both published by the company many love to hate. Go figure....

Lt commander lare
04-03-08, 07:34 AM
well if they could patch the game so the correct medals show up in the game like when you get the medal of honor you get it and not the purple heart

lt cmdr lare

danlisa
04-03-08, 07:56 AM
There won't be another patch.

Just to cover my butt :oops: , in case there is:

I would like the KM grid to be plotted/drawn by using more than 2 reference points.
Not all KM grids were square.

CPU cyles be damned.:lol: Sorry M.

wetwarev7
04-03-08, 07:58 AM

Seems stable to me....It's actually made things a bit more stable on my end. :up:

Dowly
04-03-08, 08:01 AM
There won't be another patch.

Just to cover my butt :oops: , in case there is:

I would like the KM grid to be plotted/drawn by using more than 2 reference points.
Not all KM grids were square.

CPU cyles be damned.:lol: Sorry M.

:rotfl::rotfl:

Wilcke
04-03-08, 09:38 AM
Actually, SH4 is running better than ever with version 1.5. Its quick and snappy with the load times. We have some really good stuff coming down the pipe.

Monsun Boat Campaign is in the wings awaiting. My crystal ball tells me that the Medal problem is going to go away...

Hey I just got SH3 about a year ago! So there talk about waiting for things to get ironed out!

I jumped into SH4 right from release date, kind of nice to see the baby walk, talk and get potty trained and then turn into a real performer.

Happy Hunting!

FIREWALL
04-03-08, 10:45 AM
Ubisoft has had a good teacher when it comes to software.:p

Kapitan_Phillips
04-03-08, 12:57 PM
Ubisoft has had a good teacher when it comes to software.:p

Yeah, us. :lol: