PDA

View Full Version : BUG...How to Unstick "Stuck" Dive Planes.....

Charlie901
03-30-08, 10:59 PM
2nd Career Mission on stock Campaign, version 1.5 addon, and my bow/dive planes are stuck in the "up" position all the time now. The animation of them lowering when I dive is kaput...

Is there a way to "unstick them"? :damn:

Also it seems that I now can't run with "Decks Awash", is this part of the same problem?

Thanks

tomoose
03-31-08, 01:05 AM
The dive planes work normally up to a point and then seem to screw up at certain points in the mission. It's only a graphics anomally (but an unbelievable one for the devs, along with some of the other glitches that still remain) and doesn't seem to affect sub diving performance (it just looks ridiculous).
I believe the only solution is to reload your saved game which, I think, "resets" the diveplane graphics.

This is exactly the kind of thing that the devs should be fixing instead of creating "add-ons". I equate this to building a great car with one of the doors on backwards. Works well, looks like crap. Instead of fixing the door they start building the next model of the car. If this were a flight sim and the undercarriage didn't retract the community would be screaming bloody murder.

Ref decks awash, I believe there's a mod out there that permits this.

Blood_splat
03-31-08, 04:49 AM
I get that too:cry:

AVGWarhawk
03-31-08, 08:12 AM
Normally this happens when you submerge or surface while in TC. Just avoid doing that. After you save and restart it will be normal again.

Syxx_Killer
03-31-08, 09:08 AM
Normally this happens when you submerge or surface while in TC. Just avoid doing that. After you save and restart it will be normal again.

I wondered if TC did it. Lately I have been using TC while diving because aircraft drive me crazy. Sometimes if I look at my sub underwater the planes are somewhere in the middle while the hydraulic pistons that move the planes are fully deployed. Looks kind of funky. :88)

seafarer
03-31-08, 09:10 AM
Happens to me if I load a game saved while submerged. Saving while on the surface cures it. This has been around since stock release, and in every patch up to and including 1.4 (I don't have 1.5, so can't say about it).

R3D
03-31-08, 06:06 PM
this bug happens when you save a game while submerged and reload.. its easy to fix by Surfacing and saving, then reloading that save.

happens all the time to me too, just a save bug that existed in sh3, but it was fixed by the devs in that game but not here.

Charlie901
03-31-08, 11:34 PM
this bug happens when you save a game while submerged and reload.. its easy to fix by Surfacing and saving, then reloading that save.

happens all the time to me too, just a save bug that existed in sh3, but it was fixed by the devs in that game but not here.

Oh Well, so much for evolution from Sh3 to SH4...

:damn: