PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!!

I-25
03-27-08, 07:19 PM
my god im must be the stupidest man alive...
i just reinstalled windows and for some reason the instalation did not detect my C:\ drive and instead showed me my D:\ drive as the C:\ drive.
my D:\ drive is ALL BACKUP! 80Gb of memories, music, vids (almost all the SH III ever made) etc! the point is that then the windows instalation format got to 3% i noticed this was not my C drive and pulled the plug on the PC before ig got worse!.

anyways i got windows up and running on my real C:\; but the PC marks my D:\ as a unformated RAW drive.

is there any program or recovery or anything to salvage what i can out of it? my god i cant afford to lose that stuff!:dead:

Platapus
03-28-08, 05:08 AM
There are companies that can do some amazing stuff in data recovery.

It might be worth a try but from what you have posted, it does not look good :cry:

I always back up photographs and such on DvD.

I hope you can get some of your stuff back :cry:

HunterICX
03-28-08, 05:22 AM
Ouch....pulling the plug when formatating...not good,
always a good reason to back up your stuff on DVD's before cleaning your PC up.

HunterICX

NeonSamurai
03-28-08, 08:07 AM
Pulling the plug suddenly is never a good idea.

You can probably get most of the data recovered but you would need professional help (and it will be costly). You may be able to recover it with whats called a low level format (which keeps the data) but it depends on what was formated on the drive. I would suggest digging around the net for tools that may help you recover from a incomplete format.

My suggestion for the future is to use an external drive for backing up (such as a usb drive) they are very inexpensive and windows will never try to install to one (infact windows when installing probably will not even be able to see it). Otherwise I would suggest pulling the power plug on the drive (have the computer fully shut down first before doing that) before installing an os back on to be absoloutly certain what drive windows is installing to.

I find it very odd that windows would even install to your d drive, even if its a partition. Windows generaly refuses to install to anything but the primary master drive and the first partition (it can be tricked to though).