PDA

View Full Version : Radio Message .

StarLion45
03-27-08, 02:14 AM
:o Now i have a question to you . When i'm on patrol i get those radio messages , and those other u-boats sending radio messages all the time.
Here's the question . Can i send a radio message ( not status , or contact reports ) manually example : From U-46 to Bdu . Nice weather nothing to see ?? :p I'm new on GWX 2.0

Kipparikalle
03-27-08, 02:17 AM
No.

Venatore
03-27-08, 02:20 AM
Well you can't argue with that reply can you :o must have to pay by the letter :hmm:

Canovaro
03-27-08, 02:43 AM
Not in the game unfortunately. The sending message feature in SH3 is rather limited.
If you really like sending messages to bdu, check my signature below.

HunterICX
03-27-08, 05:03 AM
Mmm...if we could reply in SH3
I would reply

''STOP FILLING UP MY PM BOX !!!!''

:lol: sometimes 5 messages in a short time drives me nuts

HunterICX

KptLt Lindemann
03-27-08, 05:57 AM
or...."I AM being aggressive!!!!!!!"

Torplexed
03-27-08, 05:58 AM
Probably best to look at it as an survival issue. I'd love to chat who's 'got more tonnage' with my neighboring U-Boat, but if we all start chatting we're giving the British radio direction-finders lots of lovely triangulation information and the Bletchley Park cipher guys are probably loving it too. ;)

danurve
03-27-08, 08:03 AM
If you sent BdU a message saying your new to GWX, they will conveniently send you to BB89 without a properly qualified flak-gunner :yep:

Tessa
03-27-08, 08:28 AM
You can send contact and progress reporst; though it won't make any difference. In a few hours you'll get a reply that says something like keep up the good work and what not, or if you're out of torpedos to return to base.

tomfon
03-27-08, 08:32 AM
...or ''press the attack'' if you haven't sunk any ships...........yet!

Slateford-5
03-27-08, 11:38 AM
Yeah, I got a message saying "Be more aggreessive", so I turned around and punched the chief engineer.

CptGrayWolf
03-27-08, 12:38 PM
Yeah, I got a message saying "Be more aggreessive", so I turned around and punched the chief engineer.

:lol: ...I mean, :nope:

Sailor Steve
03-27-08, 01:45 PM
:rotfl:

"Herr Kaleun, about the fuel situation...OW!"

Jimbuna
03-27-08, 01:50 PM
You can send contact and progress reporst; though it won't make any difference. In a few hours you'll get a reply that says something like keep up the good work and what not, or if you're out of torpedos to return to base.

If you send a contact report there is a random % chance that air or naval assets will be sent to assist (usually air).....dependant on where the contact is and the proximity of such assets. http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/pirate.gif

trongey
03-27-08, 02:05 PM
If you send a contact report there is a random % chance that air or naval assets will be sent to assist (usually air).....dependant on where the contact is and the proximity of such assets. http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/pirate.gif
Uh, yeah.
A while back I spotted a nice fat cargo ship near the south coast of Wales. I dutifully reported my contact as I began to maneuver for attack. A few minutes later my Watch reported incomming aircraft. As I prepared to dive I watched a pair of dive bombers sink my target! Blasted Luftwaffe!:damn:

Tony

Wreford-Brown
03-27-08, 11:36 PM
You'll be praying for them to come and help in the later years of the war.
There's more than a few Kaleuns that have been helped out of trouble by the Luftwaffe!

Platapus
03-28-08, 05:41 AM
Last night I was in the U-38 happily going around putting holes in British floaty things and I get this message.

Ugh, I don't have time to answer the phone. Damn BdU telemarketers. All ways interrupting my fun.

I open up the message

"We regret to inform you that the U-38 has been lost with all hands"

Man, that sucks. I know some of the men on the U-38.

Actually I know all the men on the U-38

Hey, We are the U-38!!!

So being a good Kaluen, should I scuttle my boat with all hands?

BdU can't be wrong.

Who am I to argue with high command?

Probably gonna get yelled at when I dock at the end of my current mission.

"Kaluen Platapus, did you not receive our radio message?"

"uh Yes Sir, I did"

"Well?"

Not going to look good in my records :nope:

Dowly
03-28-08, 05:43 AM

ROFL! :rotfl:

Kipparikalle
03-28-08, 07:20 AM
ROFL! :rotfl:
Hahahaha, tactical :rotfl:

Ivan Putski
03-28-08, 08:19 AM
It`s 1943 here, and Goring is too busy to help me, all I see are Catalinas, and Sunderlands. All I hear from my first officer is: "Radar Detected". Der Kanal is only 12 meters deep, must be all that Luftwaffe wreckage.:D

trongey
03-28-08, 08:45 AM
You'll be praying for them to come and help in the later years of the war.
There's more than a few Kaleuns that have been helped out of trouble by the Luftwaffe!
Oh yeah, help would be great. Do they ever show up when I radio that I'm covered up with a crapload of destroyers and corvettes? NO. Do they show up when patrol boats are swarming like bees? NO. Do they show up when I've got a pair of Hurricanes driving me under? NO. If they would show up at those times then I might find out what the later part of the war is like. They only show up when I've got a lone, unprotected merchant - big help.:down: