PDA

View Full Version : " The Game " .

StarLion45
03-26-08, 06:46 AM
:o Engine running slow , in the dark deep sea . A grey sub , shaped like a shark moving smooth against the target . The voice inside whisper : " Torpedo loss " , Herr Capitan .He looking at the watch in his hand,,, and counting 4-3-2-1- .. " Ja . He looking through the periscope just to see the " Ark Royal rice the bow and sink in the dark grey sea . Ok guys at last :lol: : WHAT A GAME WHAT A GAME . :rock: Give me high five for GWX 2.0 . Agree?????????

antikristuseke
03-26-08, 07:03 AM
Glaad to see you are enjoying yourself with GWX, wellcome to the addicts of the deep :)

HunterICX
03-26-08, 07:10 AM
:up: Glad you enjoy like the rest of us Bubbleheads

HunterICX

Laufen zum Ziel
03-27-08, 10:26 AM
There is no cure for your addiction. Do not fear for we are with you to the end.

http://silent-hunter-addict.com

Hanomag
03-27-08, 10:32 AM
Welcome Aboard Herr Kaluen!!! :arrgh!:

Brag
03-27-08, 11:45 AM
You're in trouble now :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Jimbuna
03-27-08, 01:45 PM
Good to see your enjoying the GWXperience http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/thumbsup.gif

Slateford-5
03-27-08, 03:05 PM
I would certainly second the OP's sentiments: the swing of emotions you can actually get from this game: boredom, sudden hope, hope dashed, change of plan, contact out of nowhere, thrill of the chase, ship sunk, payback, dread, fear, panic, evasion and if you are lucky and skillful, out the other side to fight another day: I honestly haven't played a game before that was so thoroughly immersive and addictive: the hours slip by all too easily... I have to be honest, if I have been through a few patrols with a crew and I make a bad choice, espeicially if the end comes after a 90 minute frantic weaving and repairing effort, I actually feel a bit flat in real life: how sad is that?

Jimbuna
03-28-08, 09:09 AM
Not sad at all......this is testimony to how addictive and immersive the game can become http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/pirate.gif

iambecomelife
03-28-08, 02:02 PM
I would certainly second the OP's sentiments: the swing of emotions you can actually get from this game: boredom, sudden hope, hope dashed, change of plan, contact out of nowhere, thrill of the chase, ship sunk, payback, dread, fear, panic, evasion and if you are lucky and skillful, out the other side to fight another day: I honestly haven't played a game before that was so thoroughly immersive and addictive: the hours slip by all too easily... I have to be honest, if I have been through a few patrols with a crew and I make a bad choice, espeicially if the end comes after a 90 minute frantic weaving and repairing effort, I actually feel a bit flat in real life: how sad is that?

Nice description. You mentioned boredom - with a subsim, boredom is actually enjoyable, in a way. When coupled with the moments of intense combat it makes the entire experience an "emotional roller-coaster".

mr chris
03-28-08, 02:19 PM

Sums up my first week back with the game pretty well.
Iam well into my second book, I read a book while playing the game it seems to speed the hours of boredom by and in no time i hear the cry of ship spotted or Sound contact herr Kaluen.:arrgh!:
luckily for me i managed to stock pile a good number of books before i got back into the game.:D