PDA

View Full Version : GWX - ship sunk w no credit

94cruiser
03-25-08, 06:02 PM
Due to bad weather I spent 4 eels on a whale factory ship, two missed. The other close spread salvo hit her in the stern. She came to a halt and I watched her sink no more than 500 meters from me. I got NO CREDIT. This was gonna be a juicy 12,000 tons. Instead I'm 3 crewmen dead, and only 24,000 tons. This is not the first time this has happened where I sink the ship and get no credit for.

samofire
03-25-08, 06:54 PM
I've never sunk a neutral ship (I'm such a Boy Scout); does this have something to do with getting no credit?

Penelope_Grey
03-25-08, 07:10 PM
If there is foul weather... that can sometimes get the credit over you. Its happened to me once sinking an oil tnaker. Irritating as hell... cause in real life you would claim the sinking as yours anyway.

Amiral Crapaud
03-25-08, 07:13 PM
How deep is the water out there? Does the ship still emerge? If so you may have to send another fish in her flank to finish her off, help her capsize or whatever...

94cruiser
03-25-08, 08:40 PM
How deep is the water out there? Does the ship still emerge? If so you may have to send another fish in her flank to finish her off, help her capsize or whatever... It was well SW off of Ireland, depth was 1000+. I'm on my next sail and I spotted a British sub in a LARGE convoy. how2 screen cap?

Captain Nemo
03-26-08, 10:14 AM
Seen something similar recently during my current patrol. I was approaching a Coal Carrier in heavy seas when suddenly my crew started celebrating a sinking and a red sunk ship icon appeared on the map. Never fired anything at it and it wasn't recorded in my log. Perhaps another u-boat got it. Couple of hours later I saw a large trawler succumb to the weather, this time though a grey sunk ship icon appeared on the map but no crew celebration to go with it.

Nemo

ozzysoldier
03-26-08, 01:05 PM
it happend to me nw of irland on a med cargo i sunk one 20 hours before:damn:

Skubber
03-27-08, 11:43 PM
I have not had this happen.

Only happens to me if the ship takes a long time to sink and I get too far away from it -have to say this happens far less with the latest rendition of GWX (you struck a really nice balance, guys!)

I've seen ships sink for no apparent reason lots of times.
I've also seen ships take damage from bad weather - which seems realistic to me.

Losing credit with the ship right in front of you sounds like a glitch to me.
Corrupted file perhaps?

bigboywooly
03-27-08, 11:51 PM
it happend to me nw of irland on a med cargo i sunk one 20 hours before:damn:

More than likely twas the same ship - from the games POV so no icon or credit
If you happen to be close to a waypoint where the ship will spawn once you sink the first one all others that appear will count for nothing
Sink a ship then move on

msalama
03-28-08, 12:17 AM
Well I've not had this happen either - yet - but have still heard it's possible.

I've also seen ships take damage from bad weather - which seems realistic to me.

I saw a (possible?) variation of this a couple of patrols back when merrily put-putting up the Kiel channel. The weather was carp to say the least, and there were lots of small vessels ON FIRE and slowly sinking there :o A strange phenomenon IMHO if it's weather-related!

But who knows... maybe it was just the Bomber Boys who'd had a wizard show down there, Sitzkrieg or not! Hell, I _knew_ those much-maligned Fairey Battles had to be good for something :rock::lol:

skogkatt
03-28-08, 03:46 AM
The same happened to me several times. In my current mission it happened twice:

First time, northern Scotland, I sink a large cargo with one fish. Since she had a buddy (armed trawler), I waited submerged to see if I needed to send one more torpedo. After one hour or so, she went down, but I got no credit, and the map didn't show the traditional red sunk ship. Weather was good, no wind, flat sea.

Second time in the same mission, east of Scapa Flow, I targeted a small tanker, also accompanied by an armed trawler. As over, I waited around one hour for her to sink, but this time the red icon is here on the map. but no credit in the captain's log. As before the weather conditons were "good" - meaning good for the british planes to spot me :cry: .

So this means around 15000 tons have vanished from earth. Very annoying.

Sub mariner
03-28-08, 10:54 PM
It hapens alot to me to, sometimes the spotlights are still working.:damn:

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm36/Alexwmac/SH3Img25-3-2008_134357_532.jpg

Very Very anoying.

Jimbuna
03-29-08, 12:41 PM
If the spotlight is still working, it hasn't yet been destroyed.

The only sure way of knowing is when you receive the message "She's going down"

skogkatt
03-31-08, 02:17 AM

Do you mean that sinking a ship doesn't count as a victory, as long as the ship's structure hasn't received enough damage?

Still, I didn't get the "she's going down" message, but the red icon appeared once (se post over). Sounds like a bug to me.

Jimbuna
03-31-08, 04:05 AM

Do you mean that sinking a ship doesn't count as a victory, as long as the ship's structure hasn't received enough damage?

Still, I didn't get the "she's going down" message, but the red icon appeared once (se post over). Sounds like a bug to me.

No.....I'm simply saying what I stipulated in my previous post.

Ships are not destroyed if their spotlights are still functioning and you should receive said message.