PDA

View Full Version : that darned screen size

matthewscrutton
03-24-08, 08:25 AM
Hi there I'm Matt, I'm new here.

I have a problem with my SH3. I have run it ever since it came out on my old PC downstairs but now I have my own and I cannot run SH3 on it due to the fact my monitor cuts half the screen off at 1024x768 size.

Now I have looked on the net and found like one program thats supposed to sort this out. Of course it didn't it just crashed the game and it refused to run.

Can anyone direct me to an up to date patch or fix that can allow me to run my SH3 on my new PC? At the mo my monitors default setting is 1440x900.

thanks again :D

Matt

ReallyDedPoet
03-24-08, 09:26 AM
Welcome to SUBSIM :up:

See this thread, there is a res. fix in there plus some other stuff:http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=128723&highlight=resolution

RDP

_Seth_
03-24-08, 11:39 AM
Welcome, matey! :up:

Sailor Steve
03-24-08, 11:58 AM
WELCOME ABOARD, MATT!:sunny:

I have a plain old 19" CRT, so I can't help, but I hope RDP's link does.

Stick around and ask more questions, or just talk to people. We have too many kaleuns who only post when they need help, and we never get to know them. We are a very friendly community here.

Jimbuna
03-24-08, 12:53 PM
Welcome aboard Matt http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/pirate.gif

matthewscrutton
03-24-08, 04:00 PM
thanks for the friendly welcome guys! I've been playing SH3 for a while now so these little probs do grate a bit. Thanks for helping me sort it out, I'll have a go at those fixes you linked me to.

matthewscrutton
03-27-08, 01:13 PM
Well I followed the link but it wouldn't work :cry:

It looks like I will only be able to play it on my other pc :-?

bert8for3
03-27-08, 01:17 PM
Hi. Welcome!

Try this thread, which has links and discussion also re res fix. IIRC it has d/l link also, which AFAIK is still good.

Fubar2Niner
03-27-08, 03:46 PM
Hi Matt and welcome aboard.
I've had similar problems, used the fix in the past and all was rosy, around 2 years ago. Since a new build and new video drivers the blasted fix won't work for me either. I have come to the conclusion it's a vid driver thing. For me at least a roll back to old drivers isn't an option, but mebe this may help you. Forgive me, but, I'm assuming you have a nvidia video card. Best of luck. P.S If you need the res fix PM me and I'll be happy to send it.

@bert8for3.

You forgot the link shipmate :yep:

Best regards.

Fubar2Niner

bert8for3
03-27-08, 08:44 PM
I've had similar problems, used the fix in the past and all was rosy, around 2 years ago. Since a new build and new video drivers the blasted fix won't work for me either. I have come to the conclusion it's a vid driver thing. For me at least a roll back to old drivers isn't an option, but mebe this may help you. Forgive me, but, I'm assuming you have a nvidia video card. Best of luck. P.S If you need the res fix PM me and I'll be happy to send it.

@bert8for3.

Best regards.

Fubar2Niner

Sorry about that :damn: . Here it is [edited out] Tks for mentioning it Fubar.

edit: actually this is better ... http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=133403 ... it's links go to the original threads and it has the Filefront link for d/l which is still good, I checked it.

matthewscrutton
03-30-08, 04:26 PM

@bert8for3.

Best regards.

Fubar2Niner

edit: actually this is better ... http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=133403 ... it's links go to the original threads and it has the Filefront link for d/l which is still good, I checked it.

I followed that link and downloaded the patch but it did nothing :cry: :cry: :cry:

I now have no idea what I need to do :oops:

bert8for3
03-30-08, 06:08 PM

@bert8for3.

Best regards.

Fubar2Niner

I followed that link and downloaded the patch but it did nothing :cry: :cry: :cry:

I now have no idea what I need to do :oops:

You copied the necessary files to your sh3 folder and then ran the install batch file? You should be ok, as long as the resolution you're wanting to play the game in is the same as the resolution in the d3d9.cfg file in your sh3 folder. Open the cfg file in notepad. Change the res x and res y numbers to match the resolution you're going to use in-game. Before you start the game, change your screen res to that resolution.