PDA

View Full Version : How to disable crew management in Gwx2?

kanolsen
03-23-08, 04:20 AM
I am fed up with moving my crew, I don't think a captain micromanages their people.
Is there a way to remove the exhaustion (red exclamation point) in GWX2?

Thanks for any help
Kanolsen

von hally
03-23-08, 04:43 AM
lo mate

if you install sh3 commander there is an option of "no crew fatigue" in the option menu

or you can download the same kind of mod....there are a couple...try a search here:up:

kanolsen
03-23-08, 06:09 AM
Thanks, I did start it form commander, but can't remember the choice. is it possible to choose it when in a patrol ? I am currently docked after 3rd patrol - just 2 ships sunk with 10 000 tons. And survived barely after my forth torpedo tube was ruined and I sank 140m before I ordered the crew in the rear and blew ballast.

Kanolsen

mcf1
03-23-08, 06:20 AM
I can't help you with that. Never tried to change any of the SH3 com. options during a patrol
But you can cahnge the fatigue model when docked

Penelope_Grey
03-23-08, 06:53 AM
before you reload your save go into SH3 commander then SH3 options, and under gameplay settings you should see the top option is to do with fatigue.

check the box, then in the drop down menu select no fatigue, and then hit launch SH3 and commander takes care of the rest.

From this point on, your crew won't get tired no more. The fact you are on patrol doesn't matter.

JScones
03-23-08, 06:57 AM
You say you are docked after patrol 3? If so, change away, you'll be OK.

Select the "No fatigue" model under Gameplay Settings.

the.terrabyte.pirate
03-23-08, 08:30 AM
You see, I've never had problem with crew fatigue. Here is my system if everyone is interested.

The big mistake is to go out and get all the crew the game says you can have. Basically, you'll have more crew than bunk space. This is a no-no. This means you're forced to put excess crew in the torp rooms when space is at a premium.

I work on a two shift system. The engine room and the bridge are the priorities. I'm currently in a VIIB

1st watch in the engine rooms consists of my officer with the mechanical training, and the remaining places full of normal crewmen. In the rear bunk area I have 2 petty officers with mechanical training, and standard crewmen. They are the second shift. I swap them every time I drop out of t/c.

I usually have two officers in the bridge, with 3 standard crewmen. My ship has the full compliment of officers, and I ensure that they are all multiskilled. I have an officer in the first officer and navigator position. I'll only have a weapons officer if the 1st engine room watch is in the rear bunkspace, and the engineering officer needs the break. Otherwise I rotate the officers through the available bunkspace as required.

There is enough crewman bunk space in the forward room to have a second shift of 3 crewmen for the bridge, a second shift of 2 crewmen for the radio/sonar (1 petty officer with sonar training), 4 crew for the conning tower when required (1 petty officer with watch training), and some spares for other tasks. Of the spares, I have 2 petty officers with torpedo training.

My officers are multiskilled. 1 has navigation, watch and engineering training. One has watch, engineering and medical training. One has engineering, watch and torpedo training. One has navigation and deck gun training, and one has navigation training only. With this set up, I can move officers around as the situation needs it.

As I usually cruise in t/c above 36x, my crew doesn't lose fatigue. I now have the habit of changing shifts each time I drop into low t/c. Rarely do any of my crew drop under 50% fatigued.

It's a piece of cake.

I think the mistake most people make is having too many crew on the boat, where there is not enough room for them to fully rest.

Pablo
03-23-08, 09:30 AM
You see, I've never had problem with crew fatigue. Here is my system if everyone is interested.

The big mistake is to go out and get all the crew the game says you can have. Basically, you'll have more crew than bunk space. This is a no-no. This means you're forced to put excess crew in the torp rooms when space is at a premium. Hi!

I usually travel with maximum crew, and assign the extra folks to "light duty" in an unused engine room (i.e., in the electric motor room if the boat is on the surface, or in the diesel engine room if the boat is submerged), since the fatigue rate for engine rooms not currently in operation is very low. Just refresh the folks in there once or twice a day with folks from the bunk areas, and you can have a well-rested corps de reserve for doing things like damage control, etc., when everyone else is already committed.

I usually have two officers in the bridge, with 3 standard crewmen. Hmm... I thought there was room only for one commissioned officer on the bridge - unless you're using them on alternating watches or you are referring to the control room?

As I usually cruise in t/c above 36x, my crew doesn't lose fatigue. That is another way to avoid fatigue problems - set your time compression (TC) rate above 32x, which is where fatigue effects end by default.

Pablo

the.terrabyte.pirate
03-23-08, 10:05 PM
I usually have two officers in the bridge, with 3 standard crewmen. Hmm... I thought there was room only for one commissioned officer on the bridge - unless you're using them on alternating watches or you are referring to the control room?
Pablo
Yep, you're spot on. I refer to the control room as the bridge, and to the bridge as the conning tower.