PDA

View Full Version : U-Boat Mod

Able72
03-22-08, 03:12 AM
After playing SH4 I tried SH3, love the game, the idea, the way it plays. We need some major mods for the Uboat side of SH4.

LaughingSwordfish
03-22-08, 03:45 AM
There are some gifted modders working on mods. We just need to be patient and we will enjoy their work soon.

JScones
03-22-08, 04:46 AM
Geez, the U-boat add-on has only been out for a few weeks vs SH3's three years. Give the guys time! They are working on it!

Able72
03-22-08, 09:29 AM
"God, grant me patience. . . Oh, and how long is that gonna take?"

:D

I only got into this game within the last two weeks. I know how long any of them had been out.

I'lll try to wait as patiently as I can for our talented modders. I know that perfection takes time. Especially when it comes to games.

One mod I would like to ask for specifically, one to correct the historical accuracy of the U boat campaign with regards to the German insignia's.

And please don't turn this into the 6th billionth conversation about a swastika. It involves more than that.

Anyone else have some particular mod they'd like to see for the U boat side of SH4?

Just wonderin.

Sailor Steve
03-22-08, 10:58 AM
And please don't turn this into the 6th billionth conversation about a swastika. It involves more than that.
We had that one out long, long ago. You are very unlikely to find anyone here who even thinks about it, much less raises a fuss. A good number of us are into it for the history, and like to see it done correctly. I can't play SH4 myself (not enough memory), but SH3 has long had the correct insignia and flags, so I wouldn't be surprised if what you are looking is already here somewhere, or at least in the works.

Welcome to the funhouse.

Rockin Robbins
03-22-08, 01:33 PM
Here's a big request for a version of the OLC GUI for SH4UBM. Wonder if it's even possible here?

AVGWarhawk
03-22-08, 02:08 PM
Here's a big request for a version of the OLC GUI for SH4UBM. Wonder if it's even possible here?

I'm guessing yes RR. Who would have thought it was possible in SH3? It took some imagination and bit of know how.

Bewolf
03-23-08, 12:23 PM
After playing SH4 I tried SH3, love the game, the idea, the way it plays. We need some major mods for the Uboat side of SH4.

You may want to download the GWX 2.0 supermod for SH3.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=102096

No matter the controversy, it is still by far the best mod out there for SH3

Able72
03-30-08, 11:30 PM
Yeah, I know, I've been playing GWX 2.0 since I installed SH3. To be honest I'm not even sure I'd know SH3 without it. :D

Dowly
03-31-08, 05:20 AM
Kpt.Lehmann just said yesterday that the work has started from the GWX team's part to mod SHIV. :up:

Work has already begun on GWX for SH4. (Yes really. You can quote me on that.)

Its gonna take awhile... and unlike the production of GWX for SH3, we don't plan to say much about the build during its construction.

kiwi_2005
03-31-08, 06:00 AM

:yep: Now that would be great!

NiKuTa
03-31-08, 06:35 AM
Without OLC GUI is different. worts. i love OLC GUI it is one of the best, a my favorite mod for SH3. SH3 is really great game with NYGM or GWX, but SH3 have a bug with loading game. I have a lots of CTD during loading, so i lost a lots of my career, and i have that. And SH3 have some minor bugs witch i hate. In SH4 i never see this bugs, and what i see now that this game is better for modding.
But now SH4 with addon is a crap. :(

Rockin Robbins
03-31-08, 09:23 AM
The really neat thing about OLC GUI is that it is one of the few mods that you dare layer on top of GWX without dire consequences. I'm going to hold my breath until OLC GUI for SH4UBM is released. :oops: