PDA

View Full Version : Forgetful

AkbarGulag
03-21-08, 10:54 PM
I must be going crazy, i'm sure the hydrophone dial was fixed at some point, but none of my Fleetboats seem to have a working version. Is there a fix for this or is my install broken?

Platapus
03-22-08, 06:54 AM
What do you mean "does not have a working version"?

Are you getting no sound reports?
The station does not graphically load in the game?
You can't manually move the heads using the home/insert keys?
You can't pass the information to the TDC?

Can you give us a little more information on what is not working.

AkbarGulag
03-22-08, 08:15 AM
I thought for some reason we could use the mouse to move the dial. It all functions, I just needed to move it's heading.

Pretty sure my home/insert is for the Observation scope.

Major Johnson
03-22-08, 08:40 AM
The Home and Insert keys aren't even associated to one another. Home and End go together, and Insert and Delete go together. Just as Page Up and Page Down keys go together. The Home and End do operate the hydrophones, but I believe you have to be under water. The Home and End keys raise/lower the observation periscope and the Page Up and Page Down keys raise/lower the attack periscope.

AkbarGulag
03-22-08, 10:51 AM
No problem :yep:

Home and End work perfectly. I guess I should have checked the quick keys fold out. It's even in the new F1 help menu :lol: Cheers guys

Major Johnson
03-22-08, 11:48 AM
Actually, using the mouse cursor did work for me as well, but it has to be in the right area, within the outter number ring of the hydrophones.

Quillan
03-22-08, 11:58 AM
Scrolling my mouse wheel rotates the hydrophone heads. Left clicking will turn the hydrophone to the indicated bearing, while clicking and holding will make the hydrophone follow the mouse pointer. However, all clicking has to stay within the general area of the circle where the hydrophone pointer arrow travels; anytime I let the mouse pointer stray outside suddenly it's controlling the movement of the camera again.