PDA

View Full Version : Load up and flags !

StarLion45
03-21-08, 10:33 PM
:o Hi everyone! I am new in this forum . I've just installed mod GWX2.0 in my SH3 , and have a couple of questions to you all : 1) . Why isn't there any flag on my U-boat ?? 2) . And why does the game use a vey long time to load up from the beginning ?? it use up to several minutes . By the way , it's a H... of a game . Please help me . And I am new to data only two years practise so bear with me and explain it simply .:smug:

Wolfehunter
03-21-08, 10:58 PM
Racerboy made some flags for VIIB and Beta VIIC but never finished the rest. I know he was working on it but also working on alot of other projects.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=122221

Thats his above links to all his mods. MOST don't work with GWX 2.0 just Vanilla SH3.

His exhaust mods do Work with GWX 2.0.:smug:

He's gone missing so nobody knows what happened to him.

I'm thinkin he's taking extended shore leave.:rotfl:

Why flags aren't on all the time right now? Not historically accurate. Only used when returning or leaving port.

Why it take time to load. GWX 2.0 has alot more goodies than stock SH3... And I mean alot.:up:

So be patient and happy hunting also Welcome aboard sailor.;)

headcase
03-21-08, 11:31 PM
Welcome Aboard! GWX does take quite a while to load. I can start it loading, go outside and have a smoke, warm up a mug of coffee, and get settled back in to my helm before it finishes. And it it more than worth it. Just remember it's not a game. It is an addiction!

Tessa
03-22-08, 12:03 AM
:o Hi everyone! I am new in this forum . I've just installed mod GWX2.0 in my SH3 , and have a couple of questions to you all : 1) . Why isn't there any flag on my U-boat ?? 2) . And why does the game use a vey long time to load up from the beginning ?? it use up to several minutes . By the way , it's a H... of a game . Please help me . And I am new to data only two years practise so bear with me and explain it simply .:smug:

Welcome aboard Kaleun StarLion :arrgh!: The amount of RAM and your CPU speed usually make the most difference on loading times. With 4gb of RAM on my vista x64 the game loads super fast and dumps it into memory, both CPU cores never get above 20%, though RAM usage is at around 80%. If you've got 1 gb or less of RAM I'd recommend trying the lite harbor traffic mod which might improve performance (though won't decrease loading times).

Once you exit the game and open it again it'll load faster unless you turn the computer off. Whenever I'm testing mods or changes I'm always restarting the game and notice that after the first time it loads noticeably faster.

StarLion45
03-22-08, 01:43 AM
:D Thank you very much , you solved my problems exept those flag ad. I don't speak italian/spanish or whatever it was on his site.I'm very patient and i'm looking forward to play it.Before i install i sneak on your sites here.you guys know what you talking about,i'm living in Norway so it isn't many to talk game with.So thanks again:lol: herequote=Wolfehunter]Racerboy made some flags for VIIB and Beta VIIC but never finished the rest. I know he was working on it but also working on alot of other projects.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=122221

Thats his above links to all his mods. MOST don't work with GWX 2.0 just Vanilla SH3.

His exhaust mods do Work with GWX 2.0.:smug:

He's gone missing so nobody knows what happened to him.

I'm thinkin he's taking extended shore leave.:rotfl:

Why flags aren't on all the time right now? Not historically accurate. Only used when returning or leaving port.

Why it take time to load. GWX 2.0 has alot more goodies than stock SH3... And I mean alot.:up:

So be patient and happy hunting also Welcome aboard sailor.;)[/quote]

von hally
03-23-08, 05:40 AM
welcome aboard herr kaleun

take your time and really get int sh3 mate

gwx is a must imho!!!

youl be back here on this forum time and time again ....believe me:rotfl: