PDA

View Full Version : How many possibilities to get Type XXVIII?

Fortune
03-21-08, 03:13 PM
Hi,
I'm new to this really informative forum. So "Hi everybody"!

I've a few questions to the U-Boat Missions Add-on.
Starting my career in 1943 with a Type IX based at Penang,
the Type XVIII was offered to me in the beginning of '44.
But I declined it, because I didn't want to make my Patrols until May '45 with this boat.
So my Question is: Will the Type XVIII be offered to me a second time?

And a second one: Can you commend me some smaller mods for SH4 1.5.
Can't use Trigger Maru Overhauled due to localization problems.
Stock SH4 1.5 is way to easy(think I sunk more than 5 King George V Battleships, without really getting depthcharged by destroyers while I've been in the middle of the Taskforce:doh:), the destroyers are not aggressive enough and stop using ASDIC when my boat is below 70m?

Thanks in advance!

*Edit*: Type correction ...

Wild_skipper
03-21-08, 04:47 PM
I dont really have an answer for your questions just wanted to tell you hi :up: and welcom on the forum !!!:up:

Fortune
03-22-08, 02:03 PM
Thanks for the Welcome!:D

Xantrokoles
03-22-08, 03:52 PM
I started in 1944 with an ixd2, after my 5th. patrol I could choose wetherI want a new sub...I tested it, and I didn't like it ...
so I used my IXD2 until war end, but I had 3 more chances to take an XVIII.

When U want one, u must be good( sink a lot of tonns+clearing many objectives)

Fortune
03-22-08, 05:22 PM
Ah ok. So I will get another possibility.
On each patrol I sunk a huge amount of tonnage + Battleships and Cruisers. The Problem is, it seems that the new Type is offered after you sunk a Taskforce(the ones with the symbols on it as a mission) and doing harbour reconnaissance. The second time I got those a mission I saved and reloaded the next day and the Task Force/Convoy never appeared on the map + beeing unable to fullfil the task.
Hopely there'll be antoher chance, the war doesn't lasts so long(Dec.'44).

Raptor1
03-22-08, 10:06 PM
The XVIII (I have no idea how you got to whatever number in the original post) is offered to you after a certain date (I think it's in April '44) and if you have 30k Renoun

Fortune
03-22-08, 10:22 PM
XXVIII:oops:
Dammit^^
Always reminds me on Type XXI.
So it is necessary to have 30k of renown?

Raptor1
03-22-08, 11:07 PM
Yes, as soon as you get 30k you'll get offered the new boat (Assuming it's the correct time)

dcb
07-09-08, 12:57 PM
Resurrecting an old thread, I know, but my question relates to it.
I've noticed the Walther boat really isn't suited to the vastness of the Pacific, it just doesn't have the range. So...
Is there any possibility to get back the IXD2, after I already took the XVIII and played a mission with it? Or am I stuck with it for the rest of the war?:cry:

Raptor1
07-09-08, 03:19 PM
Resurrecting an old thread, I know, but my question relates to it.
I've noticed the Walther boat really isn't suited to the vastness of the Pacific, it just doesn't have the range. So...
Is there any possibility to get back the IXD2, after I already took the XVIII and played a mission with it? Or am I stuck with it for the rest of the war?:cry:
Ja, you ist stuk vith it...

I didn't find any problems operating it around the North-Eastern Indian Ocean though...