I'll have a venti Caramel Macciatto please !!! :D

I can quit whenever I want !!!!! :stare:

Letum
03-21-08, 03:50 PM
Intresting.
My local pub shares the tips.

NealT
03-21-08, 04:10 PM
Just goes to show you...does not pay to be in management...

Jimbuna
03-21-08, 04:53 PM
Serves the greedy money-pinching basums right!! http://www.smileygenerator.us/community/uploads/1182400429.CR.balamm-Judge.gif

Skybird
03-21-08, 07:17 PM
when I give a tip to a waitress, I adress it to her, I do not mean to pay additonal money to the company. A company sacking in the tips for it'S service personell, in my opinion is acting criminal. It is theft. the evntual argument that the tips are already acalculated into the total bilance, I do not accept. If the money is calculated with, then they calclate witzh mponey that is not theirs, they should raise the prices instead, but not steal from their service personell.

Maybe sacking the jobs of those being responsible for this policy is in order.

Onkel Neal
03-21-08, 11:36 PM
I agree with you, Sky. Tips are for the wait staff.

kiwi_2005
03-21-08, 11:52 PM
when I give a tip to a waitress, I adress it to her, I do not mean to pay additonal money to the company. A company sacking in the tips for it'S service personell, in my opinion is acting criminal. It is theft. the evntual argument that the tips are already acalculated into the total bilance, I do not accept. If the money is calculated with, then they calclate witzh mponey that is not theirs, they should raise the prices instead, but not steal from their service personell.

Attention Skybird. I read your above post and must warn you that i found some spelling mistakes! This shouldn't be happening with someone of your standards! No i did not find 1 or 2 nor even 3 but 9....NINE! :nope:

please in future posts try to be more careful....:p :)

:oops:

peterloo
03-22-08, 04:17 AM
Tip is for those who serve me only, not for the company itself. Starbuck's act makes me throw.

Not only do they exploit the farmers by manupuliating the coca bean price (fortunately this has already improved these days, thanks to "fair trade") but they do exploit their workers as well

Shame for such a famous company. Starbucks should have got better policies in handling these kinds of stuff. They should try to share, rather than putting the tips into their own pockets. :down:

Onkel Neal
03-22-08, 12:30 PM
English is not Sky's primary language.

STEED
03-22-08, 12:37 PM
Starbuck's only serves over priced battery acid and that is me being polite. :lol:

Are sod it let's give them hell, a mate of mind once made a comment it's like drinking someones vomit mixed in with gunge from the bottom of the sea. :rotfl: :rotfl:

Jimbuna
03-22-08, 01:03 PM

I'm not so sure it's STEEDS either :p

STEED
03-22-08, 01:08 PM

I'm not so sure it's STEEDS either :p

Cheeky sod!

Six of the best for you. :arrgh!:

Skybird
03-22-08, 01:19 PM

Attention Skybird. I read your above post and must warn you that i found some spelling mistakes! This shouldn't be happening with someone of your standards! No i did not find 1 or 2 nor even 3 but 9....NINE! :nope:

please in future posts try to be more careful....:p :)

I admit I am guilty of laziness. I know the correct spelling in most cases, and have an easy-to-access digital dictionary as well, maybe I mess with correct words and grammar at times, but I type extremely fast.

The typos you count - are the shameful result of that speed. :oops: Completely my own fault, no excuse.

RickC Sniper
03-22-08, 01:30 PM
As long as I can understand what someone is trying to say I don't care about their spelling.

I agree tips are for the wait staff. For the managers to take this money by policy is wrong. It appears that in California it is also illegal.

Starbucks has taken a few hard hits lately. This certainly won't help their stock value any.

Hakahura
03-22-08, 04:12 PM
I'm with Mr Pink on this one, I don't tip.

Torplexed
03-22-08, 04:27 PM
I tip on a ratio that is proportional to bust size. :p

http://neptoon.homestead.com/BigTipper.jpg

Jimbuna
03-22-08, 04:59 PM
Awesome!! http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/7975/gigglebigtb9fg3.gif

Onkel Neal
03-22-08, 05:56 PM
Wheee! :up: