PDA

View Full Version : Bug? Damage control not working?

Vorkapitan
03-20-08, 08:03 PM
Hi All,

After taking damage from planes, It appears that the damage control is kaput!

I have battle stations on, damage team on but the damage numbers stay the same on each damage level pumps,bulkheads etc. I tried to compress time, but it did not do any good. :damn:

Anyone else?

Joe :D

sturmer
03-21-08, 03:30 AM
did u try it without battlestations on?
i have no problems what so ever with this addon, except for 1 thing that i had 1 CTD during the german mission where u had to destroy the convoy that goes towards freemantle and that u had to intercept near east-africa (dont know the place exactly). the convoy never came after waiting more then a week in front of the port, and there was no marker for the mission as well.

sturmer

gj2020
03-21-08, 04:24 PM
Took damage in several compartments, battlestations on, off, moved crew around, made no difference. Nothing ever got fixed. :damn:

Finally limped back to port. Doesn't seem to happen all the time, last patrol seemed to work okay.

THE_MASK
03-21-08, 04:34 PM
You cannot repair while in silent running mode , or if the equipment is destroyed then you cannot repair it .

Fortune
03-21-08, 04:59 PM
I had this repair problem, too. My boat was hit by a bomb and took several damages + heavy flooding in the bow compartments. But my repaircrew was doing nothing. I tryied everything, silent running on and turning it of again, battle stations on/off. In the end just saving the game then reloading it solved the problem. After doing this everthing went fine. For me, saving and reloading solved nearly every problem, so far. Even crew on deck while diving, CO2-Bug and Crew not being on deck when the boat is surfaced.

Hope I've been able to help:up:

THE_MASK
03-21-08, 05:26 PM
Never save under water or with contacts .

Fortune
03-22-08, 02:10 PM
Never save under water or with contacts .
I always try to get out of the range of contacts and to the surface.
Just problematically if destroyers try give you cover from the burning sun in the Pacific:gulp:

But for me saving under water and/or with contacts works fine most of the time even when running silent?

ccruner13
04-09-08, 12:02 AM
i had this problem in conjunction with the co2 bug and when i reloaded to fix the co2 bug the damage started getting repaired too so when you get a chance to save and reload it should fix the damage control problem too.

Rockin Robbins
04-09-08, 05:24 AM
I have performed hundreds of SH4 saves while under attack and submerged. There has never been a problem with damage control, or anything else as a result. SH4 simply has no problem with save games, no matter what situation you save under, unlike SH3, which is famously finicky and will forget your save altogether without warning and sometimes apparently without cause. There is a long list of conditions under which it is considered very risky to save SH3. None of them have applied to my experience in SH4.

I think some people are confusing SH3 normal behavior with SH4.

Gezoes
04-09-08, 07:54 AM
I kinda ignore my repair screen when at battle stations and with a repair team.

Except for giving repair priority, since that's the only thing I seem to be able to do?

ccruner13
04-10-08, 02:47 PM
on top of what i said before i also get occurences that dont let me move outer torpedos inside which is fixed at a save and reload as well. for some reason the ship seems to be mistaken as still submerged in this case as well as co2/compressed air but damage can be repaired either way so i dunno if they are related

u-960
04-20-08, 07:08 AM
I have the same problem but in SH3:damn:I cant fix it but hope-fully it will fix itself:damn:

GeoffBelding
05-06-08, 02:20 PM
I have noticed that after several hours play:-

1. The Next Unit, Prev Unit keys just show weird diagonal views, and
2. The silent running 'ear' icon does not display, and
3 Damage control does no repairs

The only way that I have been able to fix it is to get in a safe piece of surface, and save, then quit and restart SH4 and reload the saved game.

Hope this helps

Geoff

Webster
05-28-08, 10:04 PM
well i allowed myself to get damaged to test the damage control repair issue and found there really is something fishy going on. damage control is not doing repairs sometimes for no apparent reason. sometimes i find that turning battle stations on and off seems to get it working again but sometimes it just doesnt seems to recognize it needs to repair anything.

it seems very random without any clear pattern as to when or why it does "hang" but works fine most of the time.

during testing i found another AI "Bug" when it comes to gun crews not doing their job either, see below for details:

several times, the crew is manning the guns but wont defend the sub. (something in the AI is buggy with crew functions)

when this happened they are not tired, it hasnt been because they were left at battle stations for long time.

about 1 in 7 times that i turn battle stations on with a target that is in range, they man the guns but do nothing even with ammo and the "fire at will" button engaged.

this happens with both the deck gun for ships and the AA gun for planes so im not sure whats causing it.

now during gameplay sometimes i have a habit where i manned the deck gun myself from time to time when the AI gun crew keeps missing but i am sure me taking control doesnt effect it.

when testing this i was playing stock UBM v1.5 with no mods installed.

SinisterDexter
06-14-08, 02:20 AM
I just had this happen and came here looking for a fix.

I turned battlestations and DC on and off - didn't do anything that I could tell.
Then I saved and reloaded - that did the trick for me! YMMV

Mehring1917
06-26-08, 04:51 PM
There is a long list of conditions under which it is considered very risky to save SH3. None of them have applied to my experience in SH4.

I think some people are confusing SH3 normal behavior with SH4.Lucky you, I've never even played SH3, a copy's still in the post to me, but SH4 is full of these bugs. A disgrace.