PDA

View Full Version : Sonar destroyed!

tomfon
03-20-08, 04:35 PM
This is what my CE reported when i started my patrol at port after i had the VIIC/1 conning tower replaced with the VIIC/2. Sonar IS working though!?
Any ideas of what is happening? :hmm:
Thank you, in advance.

Tessa
03-21-08, 04:08 AM
Have seen that happen when making a mistake while modifying the Basic.cfg file. If you try to force something (i.e. before its available ingame) on your ship it will show up as being on your ship, but gets destroyed the moment you enter the game. Which boat/year are you using that's causing the problem?

Col. Caldwell
03-21-08, 10:42 AM
Have seen that happen when making a mistake while modifying the Basic.cfg file. If you try to force something (i.e. before its available ingame) on your ship it will show up as being on your ship, but gets destroyed the moment you enter the game. Which boat/year are you using that's causing the problem?

That is possible. It happened to me once when I edited a cfg file to get a boat earlier in the game. After I edited the file, the sonar shows as destroyed but is actually functioning when I go to the sonar station.

Jimbuna
03-21-08, 10:58 AM
This is a common glitch in the stock/vanill game version.

Tessa
03-22-08, 12:35 AM
Editing that file can cause some major damage to the game. Too make changes often requires changing several (sometime seemingly unrelated) values in various parts of the file.

Though not historically accurate, the game opens up the type XXI boat in 1943 provided you have the necessary reknown and are in the right flotilla. The boat is the ultimate convoy destroyer; though without the snorkel being forced to travel on the surface really defeats the purpose of the boat. To fit it with the necessary gear you have to change the thime that the XXI tower is available to 1/43 in order to get the snorkel. Otherwise you'd be eaten up by all the airplanes constantly attacking.

tomfon
03-27-08, 08:28 AM
Hmmm...I see. I won't try to do any modification to any file. I think its fine!
Thank you guys.