PDA

View Full Version : Where's my IX/2 tower?

filefool
03-19-08, 03:06 AM
At first i must say that my current career is the first one with a IXer, since i always saw the VII as the "real" u-boat. Nevermind

I started in 1939 with a IIA and upgraded to a IXB once i had enough renown. Looking at the equipment chart it said that the IX/2 conning tower will be available in early 1941.

In April 1941 it still wasn't there, so i thought that the IX/2 could only fit on a IXC. Now its August 1941, i upgraded to a IXC and i still can't use the IX/2 tower. The weirdest thing is that my IXC with the IX/1 tower doesn't have the 3,7cm Flak anymore and it can't be equipped via the upgrade screen.

I am using GWX 2.0 and SH3 Commander 3.0

Enhanced Damage effects, no medals on crew and 16km atmosphere mod are enabled.

Can anyone tell me what's going on? I tried to look into the files but i just can't find the file where the availability dates for the conning towers are located.

Grayson02sept1980
03-19-08, 03:28 AM
sH3 commander?

I have no clue... honestly.

Penelope_Grey
03-19-08, 06:30 AM
Historical accuracy. Also the equipment chart is wrong, there are a couple of mistakes on it, check the type VII conning towers.... lol the VIIC/3 label shows a pic of a VIIC/2 conning tower... for example.

The first of the type IXC U-Boats were sent out with IX/1 conning towers. It was 1942 when the IX/2 conning tower was fitted. So in January 1942 the IX/2 tower will be available to you in GWX. The fitting of the IX/2 in 1941 was erroneous.

As for no heavy flak on the deck... well, 1) you can't really miss it, as its a useless gun even for shooting at enemy ships, and 2) mounting it caused problems with the IXC's flak gun manning. In other words, very crazy things were happening.

Please check these photo of U-166 which served as reference http://www.pastfoundation.org/U166/U-166.htm

As you can see, the conning tower is clearly of the IX/1 origin. Yes the heavy flak is on the deck but thanks to SH3 playing silly buggers the heavy flak couldn't be on the deck.

and some further info from U-boat.net to corroborate the change to the IXC in 1941.
http://www.uboat.net/boats/u166.htm

danlisa
03-19-08, 06:38 AM
Also the equipment chart is wrong, there are a couple of mistakes on it, check the type VII conning towers.... lol the VIIC/3 label shows a pic of a VIIC/2 conning tower... for example.

Has that been fixed?:hmm:

NM, taking it to PM.

filefool
03-19-08, 07:01 AM
Well that's one fine answer, thanks a lot penelope. :up:

[...]As for no heavy flak on the deck... well, 1) you can't really miss it, as its a useless gun even for shooting at enemy ships, [...]

Yeah i didn't tend to use it, it was just a little confusing that a IXB, with a IX/1 tower, has it and the IXC, with exactly the same tower, can't have it.

An updated equipment chart would be great though...

Penelope_Grey
03-19-08, 07:59 AM
The chart has slipped the nets in the past. Its now on the To-do pile. Hopefully will be sorted for release of the 2.1

nikbear
03-19-08, 01:58 PM
I've often wondered about the equipment,thanks for clearing that one up P_G:up:

Graf Paper
03-19-08, 02:11 PM
Penelope, I am sure legions of GWX kaleuns would be most grateful for someone in the Grey Wolves to ensure that the equipment/upgrade availability dates are corrected in the game. And not just when you can buy the upgrades with Renown but also actually use them in game.

I've been absolutely lost concerning when a particular u-boat or upgrade can not only be purchased but also used, especially the VIIC/41 player sub mod that is packaged with GWX 2.0.

Knowing the correct dates when you click on an item would be deeply appreciated. :yep:

nikbear
03-19-08, 03:39 PM
I second that Graf paper,it would be a good idea to know just when what is really available:up:

Jimbuna
03-19-08, 04:34 PM
There is a historygram included in game that gives you an approximate timeline.

The exact day or week of the fitting of upgrades is not always available....even when using search techniques on the internet.

Usually you can tell when a boat is launched, but the exact fitting out date is often harder to ascertain http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/pirate.gif

Graf Paper
03-19-08, 05:53 PM
Well, I certainly wasn't expecting a precision measured by exact days.

Giving information based on an approximate time that would be based on months or even seasons would be plenty, like "Available June 1942" or "Summer 1942" and having said timeframe apply to when you can purchase and use boats, equipment, and upgrades.

I meant having this applied to the screen for equipment/upgrades when you click on an item and get its description.

I'll have to take a closer second look at that timeline you mentioned, jimbuna. I thought it only showed availability of u-boats per each flotilla.

Jimbuna
03-19-08, 06:14 PM
Well, I certainly wasn't expecting a precision measured by exact days.

Giving information based on an approximate time that would be based on months or even seasons would be plenty, like "Available June 1942" or "Summer 1942" and having said timeframe apply to when you can purchase and use boats, equipment, and upgrades.

I meant having this applied to the screen for equipment/upgrades when you click on an item and get its description.

I'll have to take a closer second look at that timeline you mentioned, jimbuna. I thought it only showed availability of u-boats per each flotilla.

No mate, it also shows equipment http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/thumbsup.gif