PDA

View Full Version : Never ever been on a sub, heck never ever been

von stauber
03-18-08, 01:48 PM
on any miltiary warship- yet started playing SHIII in dec 07, found subsim and all the great mods in Jan 08 - haven't come up for air much since (literally and figuratively- wifey is starting to get pissed but that's another thread)

Driving home from work yesterday- I live in south jersey and work in philly, cross the delaware river via Ben Franklin bridge every day-normally I'm in a fog/stupor or the bridge is in a fog but yesterday - as I am halfway across the span I see a tanker slowly moving up the river and the first thought in my mind is LET"S PUT TWO EELS INTO HER !!! Unconsciuosly I start slowing down the car and crunching calculations in my head when --- right behind the tanker I see :huh:....the BATTLESHIP NEW JERSEY- jesus jones!!!!!!!!!!!!! now I'm salivating like a Pavlov dog and lining up my AOB, flooding tubes, etc - next thing you know- HONK HONK HONK- cars blasting their horns at me as I nearly am about to careen right into the bridge guard rail !! save the car in time, no damage. IS THIS GAME GREAT OR WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks again to the forum and modders!!!!!!!!!!you rock:rock::rock::rock:

NealT
03-18-08, 01:54 PM
Be More Aggressive!

;)

Myxale
03-18-08, 02:04 PM
Be More Aggressive!

;)

What he said!

We all have been there...and still are! Enjoy the sailing mate!:rock:

Jimbuna
03-18-08, 02:30 PM
LOL :rotfl:

SINK EM ALL!! http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/pirate.gif

Brag
03-18-08, 03:06 PM
Honk, honk, honk?
Impolite, inconsiderate people :cry:

Jimbuna
03-18-08, 03:37 PM
Honk, honk, honk?
Impolite, inconsiderate people :cry:

WTF!! http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/1817/thinkbigsw1yo4.gif

Graf Paper
03-18-08, 05:58 PM
What kind of kaleun are you, man?

A true hero of the Kriegsmarine would have jumped the guard rail and rammed that BB!

Unless you had a spare eel or two in the trunk, that is. :p

Letum
03-18-08, 06:08 PM
Pffft! your supposed to be under your targets, not over them!

HundertzehnGustav
03-19-08, 05:08 AM
coffee on Keyboard
:rock: :up:
:rotfl: :rotfl:

SmokinTep
03-19-08, 05:12 AM
I used to do the same thing here in Virginia. I work on the Naval Base and would watch the cargo ships go by the base. Wondered what one would look like with a couple of eels in her.

NealT
03-19-08, 09:00 AM
Although I must say that the same feelings come about when I was driving along when I was really into Falcon, F-15, F-19 Stealthfighter, etc some years ago...had to stop myself from 'strafing' other vehicles.....

:ping:

Graf Paper
03-19-08, 12:53 PM
Neal that brought up a mental picture!

You behind the wheel, making airplane noises, then machine gun sounds as you shimmy the car from side to side while strafing an 18-wheeler that's standing in for a bomber.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Like Snoopy as the WWI Ace and his trusty "Sopwith Camel" doghouse! :rotfl:

(Now I got the urge to go load up "Red Baron 3D" or SDOE! :roll:)