PDA

View Full Version : Schiffsgeschichten! Schiffsgeschichten!

brett25
03-17-08, 11:49 PM
Hi folks,

when i installed the OLC enviornmet mod onto my GWX+OLC GUI mods, my crew now say
"Schiffsgeschichten" (http://www.fregatte-emden.de/medien/tvtipp/schiffsgeschichten.html)

over and over and over. Its a reallly funny bug. They all say it now. I have to hang out on the bridge because its really loud and annoying down in the controll room. I think the helmsman starts them all off. Does anyone know a fix for this? Or if you cant help me there, can anyone tell my what this word means? The best translation I have found on babel fish was "ship stories"

So my crew keeps asking if they can tell war stories? Cant they just do ther jobs first? Isnt enough that we cant hit the side of a barn with these torpedoes, that now they have to sit around and chatter all mission long?

please help

Post Script: it seems to only do this with the 16K addon and not with the 8K

Post Post Script: I believe they are saying ship spotted?

moscowexile
03-18-08, 04:12 AM
Schiff gesichtet!

Ship sighted!

Wir haben gewisse Mittel, um Sie zum Reden zu bringen!

:D

TarJak
03-18-08, 04:31 AM
What is happening is the ship your crew is seeing is hovering between the range where they can see it and where they can't meaning everytime the game deems that your crew "spots" the ship again they have to report it hence the chatter.

This happens in stock as well and is not a GWX introduction. IIRC the 16km mod exacerbates this undocumented feature.

Brag
03-18-08, 06:46 AM
When your crew starts saying Schiff Geschichte hoochie-woochie, you have arrived. The men in the white jackets will be there shortly :rotfl:

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/9053/dancewithpiratevi9.gif :ahoy: http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/9053/dancewithpiratevi9.gif

Sailor Steve
03-18-08, 12:05 PM
What is happening is the ship your crew is seeing is hovering between the range where they can see it and where they can't meaning everytime the game deems that your crew "spots" the ship again they have to report it hence the chatter.

This happens in stock as well and is not a GWX introduction. IIRC the 16km mod exacerbates this undocumented feature.
While GWX didn't create this behavior, it does have enhanced AI spotting capabilities which do make it much worse. Before GWX I could transit the Kiel Canal at 64x TC, which is where I set 'When Near Land'. With GWX it knocks back down to 1x every 5 seconds or so. Luckily I like to leave harbor at 1x, so it's usually no problem; but it takes me several hours to transit the Canal now.

brett25
03-18-08, 12:19 PM
aha, IC. thanks alot for those answers and thanks moscowexile for the translation. A fun thing about thing about this game, among many other things, is that im learning German (Deutsch)!

Jimbuna
03-18-08, 01:21 PM
I think you need a little more air in your eels :lol:

Kipparikalle
03-18-08, 01:36 PM
You mean gas?

Jimbuna
03-18-08, 03:13 PM
You mean gas?

Nope....compressed air :lol: