PDA

View Full Version : German voices in the addon?

McBeck
03-15-08, 02:01 PM
Ok, just installed and the sounds and voices are from the US subs....

Anyone notice this? I cant seem to find a sound setting that let you choose language.

Kapitan_Phillips
03-15-08, 02:03 PM
Ok, just installed and the sounds and voices are from the US subs....

Anyone notice this? I cant seem to find a sound setting that let you choose language.

There aint one. Its a bigtime oversight from the devs. As far as I know, there are a few mods availiable that will copy the SH3 speech files to SH4, but so far, none have allowed both American and German voices to work simulataneously (i.e. American voices for US campaign, German for German)

I hope that this will be addressed :yep:

Claudius
03-16-08, 08:33 AM
It was ridiculous the siren of alarm of the American submarines in U-BOATS!!!
A serious flaw in my opinion. What do find? And the crew members' voices were horrible in English, they could have put the option of voices in German, to be more realistic.

vivieehk
03-16-08, 10:55 AM
A serious flaw in my opinion. What do find? And the crew members' voices were horrible in English, they could have put the option of voices in German, to be more realistic.

I am totally agree with you that It was ridiculous the siren of alarm of the American submarines in U-BOATS!!!

I can't help it anymore!!
especially battle station and release it, english and american sytle again...

Torplexed
03-16-08, 11:15 AM
C'mon! In Old High German, Oooogah means get yer butt underwater. ;)

Claudius
03-16-08, 09:16 PM

I am totally agree with you that It was ridiculous the siren of alarm of the American submarines in U-BOATS!!!

They make a beautiful expansion exactly to see if it saves the game, putting U-boats but they leave everything as the Americans: the sirens... "COMSUPAC" or opposite of BDU.... (nor they changed the form of sending of messages!), they left the sounds in English.... and "the same voices of the Americans"... it was horrible!!! A patch would be coming well.

Charlie901
03-16-08, 10:23 PM

They make a beautiful expansion exactly to see if it saves the game, putting U-boats but they leave everything as the Americans: the sirens... "COMSUPAC" or opposite of BDU.... (nor they changed the form of sending of messages!), they left the sounds in English.... and "the same voices of the Americans"... it was horrible!!! A patch would be coming well.

I totally agree!!!

I'm not even playing a U-Boat Campaign until the German voices are added via a patch of some sort...

and no I'm not going to replace sound files manually everytime I switch campaigns...totally ridiculous if you ask me!!!! :down:

Rockin Robbins
03-17-08, 05:26 AM
More catastrophizing about inconsequential fluff. While the game works wonderfully, the boobirds have to find something stupid and moddable to cry about. I've been driving an American sub with an UZO for months now. Who cares?

Fine. Don't play the game. Your loss. When the problem is fixed by the modders, we'll already have had a month or so of great fun while you just cry.

Does it need to be fixed? Yes. Is it a fatal error worth strikes, suicide bombing and temper tantrums? No.

If I remember right the sub simulator Charlie wrote had a screen door and couldn't submerge!:rotfl:

Come on folks! Take what we have and have fun!!!!! The modders will fix the minor details.

McBeck
03-17-08, 07:57 AM
OK, you could choose speech lanhuage in SH3, so they should be able to fix this easely, but I do consider this a major flaw that kills the feel of the game.

Its like watching a dubbed version of Das Boot when you are used the original german soundtrack - it does not work!

Rockin Robbins
03-17-08, 10:35 AM
is that the language mods we have now would either leave you hearing German in the American submarine (that could actually be fun:up:) or English in the U-Boat (Kapitan_Phillips: UBI IS GAY OMG KILL THEM :yep:). The modders have to find a way to get the appropriate language and sound effects in the proper vessel or we'll just have to listen to German all the time to keep Kapitan_Phillips copacetic.:rotfl:

If you just want to hear German, the mod is already available. I'm waiting for the whole enchilada and not suffering in the meantime, although my diet is temporarily restricted to tacos. Fortunately, I love tacos.

McBeck
03-18-08, 05:33 AM
Do you happen to have a link to the mod?

silencer
03-18-08, 01:24 PM
how to do this?

install SHIV with german language. (don't apply patches or install addon)
download the german voices pack, install. (SHIV needs to be pre 1.1)
install the addon. german speak german now.

Charlie901
03-19-08, 11:38 PM
how to do this?

Can we have a way to do this over 1.5 please......!!!!

McBeck
03-20-08, 02:51 AM
how to do this?

Can we have a way to do this over 1.5 please......!!!!Second that!

GerritJ9
03-20-08, 03:31 AM
Fortunately there is a relatively simple way to fix this: there is a mod on the SH4 Mods forum, which adds the GWX 2.0 speechpack to the sim. Install using JSGME. Enable when playing U-Boote, disable when playing US subs.
The pack does still allow American voices occasionally, but the most important faults have been rectified.
Strange that the devs didn't include German speech for the U-Boote; IL2 Sturmovik has had different languages for the various nationalities for ages so it isn't exactly breaking new ground. I suppose the devs ran into a deadline and there simply wasn't any time left to add the German voices.

McBeck
04-06-08, 07:33 AM
Just FYI

Here the latest news+fixes for this:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=131792&page=5&highlight=speechpack

Download:
http://files.filefront.com/German+Speech+sound+Fix+V7zip/;9861219;/fileinfo.html