PDA

View Full Version : OLC GUI Surface Attacks

paulasteffan
03-14-08, 06:06 PM
Greetings Fellow Kaleuns

I have just installed the OLC Gui Mod and i am impressed by it immensely , However i am wondering how do you go about conducting a surface attack when using uzo as there is no whiz wheel in the view .

I am also wondering about the historical accuracy of the whiz wheel is this how it was done in real life ? , did the captain take all his calculations ie speed , range , angle of bow, by using this whiz wheel off the periscope view ,

I have become fascinated by The whole battle of the atlantic now after playing sh3 and have found a book at our local library , the book is called Hitlers U boat war , The hunters 1939-1942 by Clay Blair its a 810 page book with some good pictures in it as well of alot of the boats returning from and going on war patrols , pics of alot of the Top u boat aces, it has alot of factual accounts of patrols that were conducted and the fates of alot of boats during that period, There is also another book that is just as big by the same author and has the same title but that is The Hunted 1942-1945 .

I have also purchased a book called defeat of the wolfpacks apparently another good read with lots of pics ., cant wait for that to arrive.

Oh and a question about the inerface of the OLC GUI mod is the stopwatch only limited to the scope views? i liked the standard version where you have access to the pulldown stopwatch no matter what view you are in makes it easier to plot speed of a target from the navmap.

Thanks for taking the time away from your patrols to read this

Steffan

onelifecrisis
03-14-08, 06:54 PM
Greetings Fellow Kaleuns

I have just installed the OLC Gui Mod and i am impressed by it immensely , However i am wondering how do you go about conducting a surface attack when using uzo as there is no whiz wheel in the view .

I am also wondering about the historical accuracy of the whiz wheel is this how it was done in real life ? , did the captain take all his calculations ie speed , range , angle of bow, by using this whiz wheel off the periscope view ,

I have become fascinated by The whole battle of the atlantic now after playing sh3 and have found a book at our local library , the book is called Hitlers U boat war , The hunters 1939-1942 by Clay Blair its a 810 page book with some good pictures in it as well of alot of the boats returning from and going on war patrols , pics of alot of the Top u boat aces, it has alot of factual accounts of patrols that were conducted and the fates of alot of boats during that period, There is also another book that is just as big by the same author and has the same title but that is The Hunted 1942-1945 .

I have also purchased a book called defeat of the wolfpacks apparently another good read with lots of pics ., cant wait for that to arrive.

Oh and a question about the inerface of the OLC GUI mod is the stopwatch only limited to the scope views? i liked the standard version where you have access to the pulldown stopwatch no matter what view you are in makes it easier to plot speed of a target from the navmap.

Thanks for taking the time away from your patrols to read this

Steffan

There's document included in the mod called OLC GUI User Manual.pdf.

paulasteffan
03-14-08, 08:30 PM
Hi OLC

Thanks for your reply how stupid of me not to see that i was only referring to the quick reference guide lol that makes alot of sence now especially in relation to how it was done IRL.

Thanks again for your awesome mod any ideas on the stopwatch????

Steffan.

onelifecrisis
03-14-08, 08:55 PM
Hi OLC

Thanks for your reply how stupid of me not to see that i was only referring to the quick reference guide lol that makes alot of sence now especially in relation to how it was done IRL.

Thanks again for your awesome mod any ideas on the stopwatch????

Steffan.

Sorry, yes, I removed the draggable stopwatch (it just gets in my way).
Chances are reasonable that someone has modded it back in. Maybe ask on the SH3 mods forum, see if anyone has a customised OLC GUI which suits your needs.