PDA

View Full Version : SD Radar

Slick Wilhelm
03-14-08, 09:13 AM
Is SD radar automagically activated when you raise the antenna? If not, how do I turn it on?

howler93
03-14-08, 09:17 AM
SD is always on, raised or not. Of course you'll need to raise it if you're at periscope depth. Quite reliable.

Good hunting,
Howler :arrgh!:

Slick Wilhelm
03-14-08, 09:44 AM
Thanks, Howler. S!

Rockin Robbins
03-14-08, 10:49 AM
How's that work? How do you raise it? You're talking at periscope depth?:p Cool!

You never know when you're about to learn something!:up:

DavyJonesFootlocker
03-14-08, 10:54 AM
I think I'm gonna lash RR to a Mk.10 Torpedo and shoot him out of tube 3.:nope: What? Whaddya mean he's stuck?:lol:

Yep, me like SD radar. Worse thing to do is surface and eyeballing a Betty.:yep:

Rockin Robbins
03-14-08, 11:04 AM
My normal tactic for avoiding planes is yo-yoing. I'm on the surface 100% of the possible time cruising at 10 knots. When radar detects a plane I submerge so that I am at or below periscope depth before he enters a 5 mile diameter perimeter around my boat.

I stay at 100' for 5 minutes and come to radar depth. This isn't enough time for a previously unseen plane to enter my danger area. When I get the radar all-clear, I surface and continue as before. But if I knew how to extend that antenna from periscope depth, I could eliminate even the minimal exposure of the top of the conning tower while I get the all-clear.

Also if I had to stay down more than eight or ten minutes and lost a valid environment "picture" I could regain combat awareness with less exposure.

So how do you raise the SD antenna when at periscope depth?

howler93
03-14-08, 11:10 AM
I'm not entirely sure if the telescoping SD radar is a TM addition or not...think it is. If you're using TM, you can raise the SD by pushing the radar hotbutton on the toolbar. I think it's the last box on the toolbar, which looks greyed out, but it works!

Cheers

Howler :arrgh!:

Quillan
03-14-08, 11:12 AM
Assuming you're using Trigger Maru, it's the unmarked button at the far right of the radar controls at the bottom of your screen. I don't think there's a keyboard shortcut for it.

Midnight Hunter
03-14-08, 11:13 AM
I too would love to know this.. although even if I could do this my sonar man is useless, I get the aircraft alerts almost the same time I get damage reports from the bombs hitting me :shifty:

heheh you guys are great.. thanks for the info (seeing as how you beat my post by seconds lol)

M. Sarsfield
03-14-08, 11:14 AM
I don't think there's a keyboard shortcut for it.

Keyboard: T

A while ago someone created a keyboard template for TM and posted it in the Mods forum.

LukeFF
03-14-08, 03:20 PM
Raising the SD (and SV) radar antenna will be a feature of the next RFB release.

Anvart
03-14-08, 03:59 PM
:rotfl:
I think, you can read ...
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=127815
and
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=127907
And what about ethics ...

Rockin Robbins
03-15-08, 04:08 PM
I don't think there's a keyboard shortcut for it.
Keyboard: T

A while ago someone created a keyboard template for TM and posted it in the Mods forum.
It was me.:oops:

M. Sarsfield
03-16-08, 12:43 PM
Sorry, RR. I try to give credit where credit is due, but with so many wonderful mods, I lose track of who does what.