PDA

View Full Version : How to open multi tubes at a same time?

JT1981
03-13-08, 06:08 AM
I cant open multi tubes in 1.5.For example,I chose the salvo mode(tube1 and tube3 were selected),and press Q button,but it seems only tube1 was opened,the tube3 still closed.

Can anyone tell me what should i do?

Thx....

maerean_m
03-13-08, 07:36 AM
Use the W key to select one tube at a time and press Q to open it.

Ragtag
03-13-08, 08:56 AM
well, that doesnt work. You cant select single tubes in salvo mode and if you open singletubes and choose salvo the tubes closes. Its just like the old days with the stock SH3. You can edit the command.cfg but i dont remember what the settings should be. You will probably find them if you search the forums.

JT1981
03-13-08, 09:08 AM
Thx my friends,i will wait for a while,maybe someone will give a mod to fix it......

BTW, good hunting!

Paajtor
03-13-08, 10:32 AM
Get into the conning-tower, and find the switches to open tubes. That's how I did it in SH3...should work in SH4 addon too, I think.

Yanaran
03-13-08, 11:14 AM
What you need to do is, in the commands.cfg, comment out (; infront) the "close_torpedo_tube" and "toggle_open_close_torpedo_tube" commands and add keys for "open_sel" and "close_sel" (if you want to be able to manually close the tubes) commands.

The relevant section in my cfg looks like this

[Cmd308]
Name=Open_torpedo_tube
Ctxt=1

;[Cmd309]
;Name=Close_torpedo_tube
;Ctxt=1

[Cmd310]
Name=Open_sel_torpedo_tube
Ctxt=1
Key0=0x51,,"Q"

[Cmd311]
Name=Close_sel_torpedo_tube
Key0=0x51,c,"Ctrl+Q"
Ctxt=1

;[Cmd312]
;Name=Toggle_open_close_torpedo_tube
;Ctxt=1
;Key0=0x51,,"Q"
With a single tube selected this will open and keep open that tube even if you select another tube afterwards. With salvos selected, this will open all the tubes for that salvo at once (nice sideffect that I did not expect when I did this) and keep them open.

I did not come up with this myself, someone posted this long ago and I still had those edited cfg's around when I started playing the U-boat addon.

Sailor Steve
03-13-08, 11:14 AM
Manually opening the tubes should do it, but he's right: in SH3, selecting salvo mode opened all the tubes chosen on the salvo selector switch. It should work that way in SH4 as well.

Rykaird
03-13-08, 02:00 PM
Just use single torp mode, and one at a time switch through the tubes you intend to use and open them individually. Only once that is done do I switch to salvo mode.

If you use the external camera you can verify that this works.

Lord_FLB
03-13-08, 03:50 PM
What you need to do is, in the commands.cfg, comment out (; infront) the "close_torpedo_tube" and "toggle_open_close_torpedo_tube" commands and add keys for "open_sel" and "close_sel" (if you want to be able to manually close the tubes) commands.

The relevant section in my cfg looks like this

[Cmd308]
Name=Open_torpedo_tube
Ctxt=1

;[Cmd309]
;Name=Close_torpedo_tube
;Ctxt=1

[Cmd310]
Name=Open_sel_torpedo_tube
Ctxt=1
Key0=0x51,,"Q"

[Cmd311]
Name=Close_sel_torpedo_tube
Key0=0x51,c,"Ctrl+Q"
Ctxt=1

;[Cmd312]
;Name=Toggle_open_close_torpedo_tube
;Ctxt=1
;Key0=0x51,,"Q"
With a single tube selected this will open and keep open that tube even if you select another tube afterwards. With salvos selected, this will open all the tubes for that salvo at once (nice sideffect that I did not expect when I did this) and keep them open.

I did not come up with this myself, someone posted this long ago and I still had those edited cfg's around when I started playing the U-boat addon.

Thx man... you've made an old man very happy...:up:. Hopefully the community will update the "Addon" playable as it has to be!!!

JT1981
03-14-08, 05:21 AM
I went into the coning tower,and found the switches on the attack periscope,but press the switches didnt work in the salvo mode,the door that was opened at the first would closed when you press the switch .

So,i think reedit the commands.cfg would be a good idear,thank you all the guys!