PDA

View Full Version : O, O, what happened to quick missions and training for U-boats ??

Jib01
03-12-08, 08:39 PM
Just went to see what there was in the training, quick missions and patrols for U-boats and there is nothing. That is ok. But now I don't see any way to add this stuff to the game. There is an interface for it but no were or no information on how to name them or where to put them.

What goes on here. I have the downloaded version and it didn't even come with a rev sheet or any information ??

What are you guys doing about this ???

Regards
Jib01
:damn: :damn: :damn:

Kapitan_Phillips
03-12-08, 08:41 PM
What do you mean there's an interface for it? I didnt get quick missions or training for U-Boats either :-?

FIREWALL
03-12-08, 08:42 PM
Par for the course. UBISOFT comes thru again. :p

You just can't help but love that company.:p

ReallyDedPoet
03-12-08, 08:45 PM
I think he means KP that missions, patrols, etc are there in the options interface, but are empty.
At least that is my take. The devs. said in an earlier thread that they did not have time to put any in, so they focused on the campaign aspect instead.

RDP

maerean_m
03-13-08, 12:42 AM
You create the mission as you did for the Americans and change the file's extension from *.mis to *.misge . And you place the mission's folder in either data\SubmarineSchool or data\SingleMissions or data\SinglePatrols.

Rockin Robbins
03-13-08, 07:54 AM
Didn't you devs tell us that you had strictly budgeted your time to leave to the modders what they do best so you could spend your time on those aspects that can't be modded? I don't see anything here but a great job doing what you said you would do.

You get a huge thumbs-up from me for stretching the envelope with an imaginative, high risk (because it's not strictly historical) approach that worked marvelously.

SH4UBM is just a joy to play.

Talking to those who hesitate out there, if you've listened to the nay-sayers and hesitate to buy it, just suspend your doubts, download and try it. You're supporting the SH franchise, and you'll find yourself having so much fun all those "problems" won't mean much any more.:up:

AVGWarhawk
03-13-08, 08:48 AM
I noticed this also when I first fired up the uboats. My first thought was none were made. No matter, I can make my own as most of the modders have done in SH4.

Jib01
03-13-08, 10:02 AM
They all go in the same bucket. The U-boat missions have a different extenstion. It is .misge. I tried it and it works..........but. I tried to put the Walther in and it gave me the IX D2 instead. Don't know what this is all about....

I want to use the Walther but can't seem to get into it....

I'll look a little further....

Regards
Jib01
:up: :up: :up:

Squid95
03-14-08, 12:53 AM
I built a simple mission just to cruise around in the Walther but initially it would default to the type IX. I changed the mission start to 1945 and it worked fine. Under the unit properties for the Walther it list start date as 44'. But alas, anytime in 45' seems to be the key.

MataHari
03-16-08, 04:53 PM
I used the Mission Editor to create a SM. The file it saved had the extension misge. But when I wanted to load it back, the Mission Editor wouldn't recognize it. I had to change the extension to mis for it to be recognized.

In SH4, when I selected the German Quick Mission, my SM showed up but the sub type selection showed "Unknown" and the list was empty. I couldn't start it. :damn:

Would someone please tell me how to make it work.

Thanks.