PDA

View Full Version : I'm real tired of corrupted saves 1.5!

barndog
03-12-08, 06:15 PM
Got em in U.S. side and on german side can't retun to home base. I'm going bacj to 1.4.

WTH it was only 10 bucks

ATR-42
03-12-08, 07:15 PM
i was so frustrated yesterday, i typically save often to try and get around corrupt saves. I follow all the "save game" rules, on the surface, no one close by, full moon, wearing my favorite skipper hat, yadda yadda... i had 5 corrupt saves in a row. it set me back a few hours i was a little mad :damn:

i feel your pain brother.

maerean_m
03-13-08, 05:42 AM
can't retun to home base.
Can you be more specific?

barndog
03-13-08, 06:37 AM
Running 1.5 with RSRD the proper version and PE1a. On the German side using a IX boat out of Batavia. Get a mission to sink 5000 tons in SZ49 but the "gold Star" appears nowhere near there. I patrol around the gold star area till fuel is too low to continue. I head back to my homeport of Batavia. I wander around til I know I must dock but never receive the "end patrol" requester. So I stear for my dock, get with 500 yards and can't end the mission.

1. the mission is corrupt
2. not having 5000 tons causes you to NOT be able to return home?

maerean_m
03-13-08, 06:52 AM
1. Patrol area objectives get completed if you just stay there (300 km radius) for 48 hours. If you lack in fuel, is not mandatory to move around.

2. The home port is the one which has a tilted anchor on it.

3. You can dock inside the home port no matter the state of the objectives. If you dock with incomplete objectives, you just get a lower rating for that mission.

barndog
03-13-08, 08:40 AM
The patrol area is complete it is the 5000 tons that is incomplete. I AM at my home port which is BATAVIA with the tilted anchor. I AM 500 yards from MY BIRTH but never get the requester: End Patrol nor can I get "Do YOU WANT TO DOCK".

So I AM GOING BACK TO 1.4 and will abandon 1.5 until I read something that says BUGS FIXED IN 1.5!

barndog
03-13-08, 08:44 AM
On my second patrol I sank a Jap Fleet carrier on the way back to Pearl and had 9 other ships and I (as captain) received the medal of HONOR! I got 3 bronze stars and a silver star for my crew. I was NOT allowed to promote anyone cause I can't add any petty officers. Launched out on my third patrol. Saved (not submergerd) on the way to assigned Hokkaido patrol area. Reentered a few hours later and have a CTD! And you woinder why I'm leaving 1.5!!!!!!!!

maerean_m
03-13-08, 08:47 AM
When near the home port, a button appears in the top right corner of the screen (with an anchor on it) to allow you to dock.

Pressing this button will cause the dock dialog to appear.

As an usability feature, the dock dialog is automatically displayed when all objectives are completed.

Rockin Robbins
03-13-08, 08:48 AM
Looking for the 5000 tons. Haven't found a thing yet: maybe I could shoot down some birds:rotfl:. ComSubPac wouldn't send me to an empty sector, would they? Gotta have faith!:up: I'll report what I find on my return to base.

barndog: I'd suggest you have a configuration problem causing the CTD. I'd totally uninstall, reinstall everything and see if the problems vanish. I've had weirdness three times and three times that's fixed it.

M. Sarsfield
03-13-08, 08:48 AM
Interesting. I'm still waiting for 1.5 to become more refined and modded before I purchase it.

How many add-on users are experiencing the same issues as barndog?

Rockin Robbins
03-13-08, 11:35 AM
No CTD's. No bad saves. Just fun.

ATR-42
03-13-08, 01:19 PM
KNocks on wood..i dont get any in game CTDs, but i will occasionally get a saved game that will not load and then CTD. its rare, but when it happens its a set back.

Wild_skipper
03-13-08, 01:49 PM
I havent had any problems with 1.5 never a CTD or a corrupt savegame:up:
Srry for the guys who had this problem.

aanker
03-13-08, 02:10 PM
Ditto - I have had no problems with 1.5 so far (Pacific Theatre).

My only complaints have to do with other things that must be low on the list - if there is a list: the missing IJN Naval Base and surrounding reefs at Truk... sorry, I couldn't help mentioning it ;-)
won't happen again

Sorry some above are having trouble.

Art

sturmer
03-13-08, 02:17 PM
i havent encountered a single bug or error, but im not running a single mod aswell for sh4 only some files i tweaked myself.
maybe one of the mentioned mods are conflicting with that 1.5 patch?

sturmer

ps: its just a wild guess

longam
03-13-08, 04:27 PM
A clean install and don’t use any saved games or mission from 1.4 might help.

barndog
03-13-08, 07:21 PM
I'm off for a clean install. We'll see how it goes from there

Rockin Robbins
03-14-08, 05:20 AM
Doolittle81 posted a set of reinstall instructions (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=804287&postcount=2) that will absolutely ensure a pristine install and I could parrot it but could mess it up in translation. You might think it's a bit fussy about the reboots, but as doolittle says, you can't do any harm and if you've tried to modify a file which is memory resident, changes don't take place until after a reboot. I say play it safe and do the whole shebang. Shebang, that's a technical computer geek term with a real complicated explanation that I won't bore you with now....:rotfl:

Hope it fixes the problems.:up: