PDA

View Full Version : Searching For Prey

DCOg
03-12-08, 02:44 PM
I am using the latest TM Mod & love it.
My problem is that there is less traffic than the "Stock" version and I'm getting frustrated trying to find it. I understand that part of the game is hunting & tracking but is there logic to the hunting or is it basically luck. I downloaded maps showing Japanese warship & merchant traffic during the war but so far no luck.

Thanks for the help.

DCOg

Wild_skipper
03-12-08, 02:53 PM
Did you try the areas around australia i always get a lot of kills there.:up:

stabiz
03-12-08, 03:00 PM
TM is made mainly for the fleet boats, maybe Duci didnt add alot of allied trafic?

Rykaird
03-12-08, 03:05 PM
Did you try the areas around australia i always get a lot of kills there.:up:

Yup, just northwest of Darwin. Pretty much a T3 tanker a day or more. Use your captain ability to call in air recon over the area every six hours. You're looking for ships moving at medium speed - the slow moving ones tend to be fishing trawlers.

A quick point on T3 Tankers - the gun placement is to the rear, with smaller guns pointing out to the sides. They can't target you if you are directly ahead.

So, if you have enough set up time you can accurately place a shot behind the stack and take out his propulsion. Then while submerged put yourself directly in front of his bow a 1000m out and then surface, and sink him with the deck gun. One torp per kill in a Type IX will rack up a huge tonnage count in a very short time when downing these 10K ton targets.

Again, this is probably way too easy and an unrealistic approach, but if you are after max tonnage, this is a good way to get it.

Rockin Robbins
03-12-08, 03:55 PM
Ducimus has already said that his changes will not affect the U-Boat side for boat handling or traffic. Each submarine has its own directory for characteristics. Each campaign is organized similarly. So I doubt that TMO influences the amout of traffic in the U-Boat sphere at all.

tater
03-12-08, 04:42 PM
Timing in the war has something to do with it. Early on, many of the forces are involved in invasions, even the merchant marine.

Later on, they are spread out. Singapore<-->Empire is a good bet for traffic (typically closer more to the coast sides of the china sea). Another is Empire<-->Palau, or Empire<-->Truk

Allied traffic... There shouldn't be all that much except USA<-->Australia or Mainland<-->Oahu

tater

DCOg
03-12-08, 04:48 PM
Does anyone know if there is a tweak to a cfg file that would/could increase traffic?

DCOg