PDA

View Full Version : Saved File Corrupted?

Schnee
03-09-08, 07:10 PM
Anybody get deep in the game (ie '45 on the Fleet Boat Side, nid '44 on the U-Boat side) and not have their saved file load. Its happened on both sides to me :damn:

Having to restart without getting the saved file to load is pretty frustrating . I have no mods on my game - its completely clean. But in the loading of the save file, get to the screen where it says "Please Wait" and then get booted back to the Windows desktop with a little box saying "SHIV has stopped working.."

AkbarGulag
03-10-08, 01:50 AM
I had a problem similiar to this... and found a weird workaround.

First, it's good to have multiple saves.

1. Select a different save than your current one that is in port.
2. load the alternate save that is in port, then set sail. ( I can't recall if it was a different career.)
3. exit the game and then load your original save.

It worked for me... if you have no extra saves... start a new career then make a new save, rinse and repeat.

When I had this problem, I got no error message, but it would sit at 'Please Wait' for as long as i left it there.

TDK1044
03-10-08, 07:07 AM
I've used the same 'Save' formula since day one of SHIII. I save 'in port' before each mission and I overwrite the previous 'in port' save each time. Then I rotate between two overwriting saves every five minutes within a mission.

So I have TDK1 (in port), TDK2, and TDK3 (in mission saves). I've been doing this since March 2005 and I've yet to have a problem with either game. :D

SuperCavitation
03-10-08, 07:40 AM
I've noticed when near a harbor if any ships are moving in reverse my future save files will be hosed. Once I reach "open water" and can TC at a higher rate (4096) my saves will return to being useful. I never encountered the save bug in SH3, however.

stabiz
03-10-08, 08:53 AM
I never encountered the save bug in SH3, however.

Me neither, but I do in SH4.

bosna387
03-11-08, 10:18 AM
i got the same problem with save files but after 2 or 3rd load it load without problems ;)