PDA

View Full Version : This is a great sim on a new rig

Hylander_1314
03-08-08, 06:49 AM
My last rig blew up on me about 10 months ago, and I didn't have the funds available to go and buy a new bunch of components. So I saved my pennies up and bought things as I could afford them. The new rig is a powerhouse. The first I have ever had. I didn't settle for well I can afford this now. I saved for the paets, and got what I wanted.

System specs,

nForce 780i SLi 3 mobo
Intel Core 2 Extreme Quadcore X9650 @ 3 Ghz each
Corsair 6400 ram 4 Gbs
GeForce GTS 8800 512, 2 of them
Toughpower 1000 watt power supply with 4 seperate rails for SLi
On board Realtek HD Audio
Toshiba CD RW / DVD R
Toshiba CD / DVD RW
Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse
Saitek Evo 3D joystick
Logitech 70 watt 5.1 sound system
Windows Vista x64 bit o.s.
Seagate 500 Gb Sata HD x 2 @ 300 mbs data transfer rate

Now I can really enjoy SH 4. The rig doesn't even hiccup with loads of action going on. It's nice for a change. The lowest fps I've seen is around 40 but normally cruises along at 60 to 80 fps. Installed the game then the 1.4 patch, and have been enjoying it for a couple weeks now. The only thing that I've noticed, is the sub doesn't ride the waves in heavy seas from external view, like the uboats do in SH 3. That's the only gripe I have and it's not really that critical, but will be nice when fixed, if it hasn't been yet, oh yes the missing dials at the helm in the conning tower on the Gar and Gato class boats. I really like this one as it keeps me captivated for hours.

Slick Wilhelm
03-08-08, 08:17 AM
Wow, nice rig! That should keep you gaming for a few years, eh?

Hylander_1314
03-08-08, 10:37 AM
Nah..............

6 months from it will be antiquated.

kylesplanet
03-08-08, 12:31 PM
That is a horse!!:up: