PDA

View Full Version : transfer to St Nazaire

Joe S
03-07-08, 07:06 PM
I just started a new career mission and my patrol area was listed as "NULL" and I was to return to St. Nazaire. I assume this is a transfer from Kiel, but no St. Nazaire appears on the map. What am I to do? thanks! Joe S

Umfuld
03-07-08, 07:16 PM
I'd save it and then hit ESQ and Return To Base just to see where it sent me. Nazaire will probably show up sooner or later

flakmonkey
03-08-08, 04:28 AM
Hmm i recently transferred from kiel to st nazaire (september 1940 for 7th flotilla).
St Nazaire should already be visible on the map by this time (actually, it should be visible on the map right from the outbreak of war in 39 but not in German hands obviously).

You will get a patrol grid assigned to NULL as the game will register the last place you docked (Kiel) as not being your home base anymore so will not give you a patrol grid. Your orders will show something like this,
Starting base: Kiel
Return to base: St Nazaire
Partol grid: NULL

You should be able to assign yourself a grid using SH3 commander (give yourself something in BE or BF grids as youll be heading that direction anyway).

As for the dissapearing St Naz i really have no idea, btw are you running stock game or GWX etc??

++ Whats the date in your career?

Joe S
03-08-08, 08:46 AM
All's well that ends well. As I approached the coast of France, my new home miraculously appeared on the map and I was able to sucessfully dock. Thanks! Joe S

Jimbuna
03-08-08, 08:55 AM
BE MORE AGGRESSIVE!! http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/pirate.gif

P_Funk
03-08-08, 01:06 PM
SSS... SSS... SSS

SS. Athenia :arrgh!:

9emini
02-19-09, 07:16 AM
I'm in the same boat (heh) I'm afraid: I'm trying to end my 10th patrol which I started in Kiel on 6 Sept '40. I'm to return to St. Nazaire but there's no St. Nazaire on map! I'm over there right now (thanks google maps!) but there's no port visible or anything. Hanging out to end patrol too after downing 56kt! Playing stock 1.4 with no mods whatsoever. Appreciate any advice greatly!

9emini
02-19-09, 02:26 PM
-bump-

please help! I've got sweet FA fuel left - can I end the mission at nearby Lorient (say)?

Jimbuna
02-20-09, 10:13 AM
Just press Esc and see where you end up :doh:

Lzs von swe
02-20-09, 05:41 PM
Yes, I would go some 50km out to sea and then exit patrol/return to base.
That should put you in the right base.

Robert Fulton
02-21-09, 10:49 AM
I am not exactly a veteran skipper, but in a similar circumstance, I did what you seem to have done, and it worked for me.

I received a message mid-patrol that my base was changed from Wilhelmshaven to Brest, but Brest was not on the map. Having enough fuel to explore, I set course for where Brest should be. Upon arriving, all was as it should be - docks, factories, pens, were all sitting there. And a I was given the option to "Dock at Brest".

So, after double checking to be sure you have the location correct, I would try for another French port. I have read that if you end your patrol at sea, you lose credit for the tonnage sunk. Perhaps someone can confirm this for you.