PDA

View Full Version : From SH3 To SH4

frog7
03-07-08, 07:08 AM
Hi Guys iv been away from my subsim for far to long ;) Any way i was lucky enough to have a new 8800GT card So i went and bought SH4 i installed it and it looks great . i put on the latest patch and started the game everthing was great but im doing the Mission where i got to drop of a spy but ill be out of fuel to get home so how do i refuel? All so when i speed the game up sometimes it doesent get light untill dinner Time...is this right?. and all so the Fins want come down when i dive and when they do the stay down when i surface... sry to ask as i know this may have all been asked before. Thanks for Any Reply.:up:

The General
03-07-08, 07:22 AM
If you can't work it out, do you really think you should be in charge of a multi million dollar weapon? Just kidding! You're in Wales huh? I'm in Neath! Where are you?

Torplexed
03-07-08, 07:33 AM
Sounds like you're running into one of the main shocks of former SH3 players. The Pacific is bigger and there's no towing service. You have to be very careful about fuel, because there's no where to fillup. You can top off the tanks at an advanced base like Midway tho. The sunlight thing is because your ship keeps base time. By the time you're off Japan after leaving Pearl Harbour you're about 5 time zones off. Go by local time. The diving planes stuck up thing is a known bug. Not sure if it ever got resolved in a patch.

frog7
03-07-08, 11:34 AM
Ahh Right . Ok i see now and thanks . General im from Brynmawr . not the best place to live in my view. if i win the lotto ill be gone :cool:

seafarer
03-07-08, 11:38 AM
In terms of fuel use, you'll also need to be patient on those long passages. Even in a Gato or Balao class, about 9 knots is best for maximum range out of your available fuel load. Cruise around at standard and you'll always run short (of course, SHIII was very similar in that regard).