PDA

View Full Version : Time to finish the job

tennozan
03-02-08, 05:27 PM
After completing my first mission - dropping off supplies at a friendly naval base, we signaled HQ that we were completed on assignment. So, they tell me to pick out my own hunting ground or head back to port.

Well....I'm loaded with torpedoes and a fiesty young crew in my U-boat. So, I'm thinking about making a real big first impression with our allies.

The U-580 sets sail tonight for Pearl Harbor. Let's just see what kind of hurt we can bring to the US Navy in their own cozy harbor.

Yes, our final papers are in order.

Schnee
03-02-08, 06:22 PM
Well I looked up on Uboat.net the range of the IX-D2: 23000 miles! With all the bases as well dotted in Japanese territory fule + your range shouldn't be an iisue.

It will take you awhile to get there though (can you say daily crash dives evading aircraft - bet ya can).

On my next time out from singapore, i'm thinking of ignoring my mission objectives as well and mounting a Pearl mission, so let us know how it goes.

Torplexed
03-02-08, 06:32 PM
Hope you fare better than those Japanese midgets. ;) Uncle Sam is waiting. Let us know how it goes.

http://www.aerospaceweb.org/question/hydrodynamics/pearl-harbor/i18tou.jpg

V.C. Sniper
03-03-08, 06:22 PM
I hope your Type 9 D2 get ambushed by 2-3 Fletcher class destroyers and sent to the bottom. ;D

Wow, that picture of the jap midget sub is awesome! Looks like it was taken today!Thx 4 sharing! =D

MONOLITH
03-03-08, 10:28 PM
The U-580 sets sail tonight for Pearl Harbor. Let's just see what kind of hurt we can bring to the US Navy in their own cozy harbor.

I'm actually real interested to see what you find there.

I just installed the add-on tonight. I'm curious to see what kind , if any, traffic in that area exists in the german campaign.

Please do report back.

Happy hunting. :up: