PDA

View Full Version : German Voices?

Penelope_Grey
03-01-08, 06:25 PM
is there a way to get them?

Raptor1
03-01-08, 06:30 PM
There's a mod on the modding forums that adds the SH3 voices :ping: :ping: :ping:

ReallyDedPoet
03-01-08, 07:13 PM
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=131792

Here :roll:

RDP

Schultzy
03-01-08, 07:52 PM
If only there was some kind of button which we could press that would answer these kind of questions for us... :hmm:

Nope can't think of one... :roll:

GerritJ9
03-02-08, 05:01 AM
So far I have tried three German speechpacks on SH4 using JSGME, but none works flawlessly: the official SH4 German speechpack, the GWX 2.0 speechpack and the Spax pack. In all cases, speech concerning torpedo launching/reloading reverts to English: you get "Torpedo in the water", "Torpedo impact", "No. 1 tube ready" etc instead of "Aal ist im Wasser", "Torpedotreffer" and "Rohr 1 nachgeladen, Herr Kaleu" etc. Next step was to remove the contents of the 1.5 speech folder and use this to create a new JSGME-ready US Speechpack, the original speech folder remaining empty. Tested this with the US speech disabled and GWX speechpack enabled, and the US speech regarding the torpedos had disappeared.......... to be replaced by dead silence.:-?
Next step will be to see if the official German SH4 speechpack works properly with the US speechpack disabled, including the speech pertaining to the torpedo firing.

stabiz
03-02-08, 05:05 AM
Good luck, I want this too. Its such an immerion killer to hear "torpedo hit" and so on.

Penelope_Grey
03-02-08, 06:54 AM
LOL I can't help but laugh... For once I ask a question about something, and I get rolly eyes smileys.

Yet each and every time I log on I am in "customer service mode" for everybody else who asks questions.

Perhaps in future I'll post a few rolly eye smileys whenever somebody needs help with something.

FWIW I thought getting German voices was the same case as SH3 by going into sound options but couldn't see anything there to change it. I had no idea an actual mod was required.

danlisa
03-02-08, 07:21 AM
FWIW I thought getting German voices was the same case as SH3 by going into sound options but couldn't see anything there to change it. I had no idea an actual mod was required.

Yep, Pen, language options have been omitted completely.:cry:

Re the German Voices, I don't know why people seem to think a simple copy & paste (and or rename) would suffice in fixing this issue. It seems that some are so eager to get something into the public without investigating what's actually required.

@ Pen there's a tool on the Lair which might help you.;) Failing that, your fav GWX dev (who built it) will know whats up.

Gezoes
03-02-08, 07:22 AM
We're used to these things I guess, but so are the dev's apparently. Maybe that's why there was no need to do proper voicing.

And that's worth a :roll:

AkbarGulag
03-02-08, 07:24 AM
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=131792

Here :roll:

RDP

Need to get you two of those glowing sticks, a high vis jacket and some earmuffs :rotfl:

GerritJ9
03-02-08, 10:20 AM
Tested the official SH4 German speechpack in the same way as described above for the GWX pack......... but this shows exactly the same faults as the GWX pack i.e. total silence when a torpedo is launched, in the water and tube is reloaded. While I can understand the GWX and the Spax speechpacks giving such problems, I fail to see why the OFFICIAL SH4 speechpack would exhibit exactly the same shortcomings- after all, this is supposed to be a straight replacement for the sim's US speech. Curiouser and curiouser..............:hmm: :-?
And the "Rudder.......... rudder" instead of "Rudder Midships" bug is STILL with us. What is more, it is carried over to both GWX and official SH4 German speechpacks!!!!
For now, I will put the US speech back into its place in the "Sound" folder, and use JSGME to enable the GWX pack as required.

GerritJ9
03-02-08, 04:32 PM
The GWX 2.0 speechpack can be partially corrected with a file compiled by Prologos- see http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=131792&page=2 This irons out some of the US voices in the speechpack- to use this, activate with JSGME after activating the German speechpack you are using. As time goes by no doubt all the US voices will be removed in a similar manner.

Takeda Shingen
03-02-08, 06:59 PM
LOL I can't help but laugh... For once I ask a question about something, and I get rolly eyes smileys.

Yet each and every time I log on I am in "customer service mode" for everybody else who asks questions.

Perhaps in future I'll post a few rolly eye smileys whenever somebody needs help with something.

I believe that RDP's exaspiration stems from the fact that this question has been asked and answered repeatedly across three different forums. Even browsing without using the search feature would have yielded the answer.

Come on. You're not new here.

bigboywooly
03-02-08, 08:47 PM
:hmm: I seem to remember getting a warning of a mod for using those rolling eye smileys
In the same circumstances

Meh

ReallyDedPoet
03-02-08, 08:53 PM
He, he, just saw the above :yep: Dam those rolling eyes :damn::damn: All the rolling eyes were for was to refer to the link, honest :yep: They were not out of frustration, or anything of the sort, just to help out.

Check any of my posts using the eyes and you will see this.

RDP

M.Minkov
03-03-08, 04:29 AM
Hi all.

It seems that there're many people that can't make the german voices to work, so here is my "guide" - I did this few days ago, after I get my U-boat add on and I don't have any problems or missing phrases till now.

1. Make a clean install of SH4 in German - selecting it from the first menu
2. Install the SH4 German voices patch
3. Go in .......\Silent Hunter IV\Data\Sound and copy the folder Speech any where you want - I prefer the desktop
4.Uninstall SH4
5. Install SH4 again but in English
6. Install the add on
7. Go in .......\Silent Hunter IV\Data\Sound and delete the Speech directory
8. Move the already copied directory(from step 3) in .......\Silent Hunter IV\Data\Sound

Note that you won't have english voices in the American campaign.

I hope that this will help you to solve this irritating problem.

P.S. If you want you can burn the german Speech folder on disk, so you don't need to do this every time you make a clean install;).

kiwi_2005
03-03-08, 10:11 AM
Spaxs SH4:Uboat Missions SPEECH FIX works okay not 100% all in German but damn close enough that its better than all english. Just remeber to disable the speech if you play an American Campaign, last night I forgot and found myself commanding a Gato with german speaking crew:hmm::arrgh!:.

Still it shouldn't be hard to do, when SH4 first came out i did my own sound pack where i grabbed the sounds of the Silent hunter II Pacific Aces mod. Im to lazy to try the german voices from SH3 so it will work 100%. For the meantime Spaxs is the only one ive tried and it works well. :up:

Penelope_Grey
03-03-08, 01:11 PM
@RDP thanks for the explanation, however I saw the roley eyes and assumed they were meant in a unfriendly way if you see what I mean especially as Schultzy came in just below you with another comment and a roley eye smiley so I got the wrong idea about things. So I regret the misunderstanding. :)

@Takeda, next time I answer a question that has been asnwered repeatedly in the past I hope you will stick up for me too.:up:

Rockin Robbins
03-03-08, 01:24 PM
Penelope (check spelling carefully.......no errors: press ctrl-alt-del to continue) have you EVER known RDP to be sarcastic? We've analyzed his DNA sequence and the sarcastic gene just isn't there.:up:

Penelope_Grey
03-03-08, 01:31 PM
LOL RR, I can believe it, but you have to take account sometimes the female of the species can be irritable with the changing of the moon and stuff. :up:

kiwi_2005
03-03-08, 01:40 PM
Or the old saying goes... Men are from Mars Woman are from Venus.;)

While im on the subject, some smart men or smart asses had this to say about the female...

By all means marry. If you get a good wife, you'll be happy. If you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher.

Socrates

Woman inspires us to great things, and prevents us from achieving them.
Dumas

The great question... which I have not been able to answer... is, 'What does a woman want?
Sigmund Freud

I had some words with my wife, and she had some paragraphs with me.
Anonymous

'Some people ask the secret of our long marriage. We take time to go to a restaurant two times a week. A little candlelight, dinner, soft music and dancing. She goes Tuesdays, I go Fridays.'
Henny Youngman

'I don't worry about terrorism. I was married for two years.'
Sam Kinison

:rotfl:

:oops:

AVGWarhawk
03-03-08, 01:42 PM
Sometimes those stupid little round yellow balls can inflame, upset, excite, incite or just be annoying. :roll:.....see what I mean?:up: Some people think they :rock: Others just:nope:them. This one always is a good one :rotfl:Where this one is just silly:doh: Here is approval:up: Here is disapproval:down: I often thought this one is the look of someone who just broke wind:smug: and this one:shifty: is the one who had to deal with the odor. I'm not sure:hmm: But, we can agree that sometimes the stupid little round yellow balls can be very misleading:yep: Did you get my point or do we go over it again?

Just for fun Penelope

Penelope_Grey
03-03-08, 01:48 PM
:damn: > nuff said! :D

ReallyDedPoet
03-03-08, 01:56 PM
We've analyzed his DNA sequence and the sarcastic gene just isn't there.:up:

Ask Mush Martin about that, he would have a good laugh :yep:

@ Penelope, glad we got it worked out, no harm done.

RDP

AVGWarhawk
03-03-08, 03:14 PM
:damn: > nuff said! :D

Schools out :know:

:rotfl:

Takeda Shingen
03-03-08, 05:03 PM
@Takeda, next time I answer a question that has been asnwered repeatedly in the past I hope you will stick up for me too.:up:

I always stick up for the members in that manner.