PDA

View Full Version : Storm Eagle "Jutland" ETA

Sonarman
03-01-08, 04:46 PM
An update from developer Jim Rose on the semi-official Gamesquad Diostant Guns series forum indicates that the new title "Jutland" (http://www.stormeaglestudios.com/public/html/se_jutland.html) is now only weeks away from its release .

CCIP
03-01-08, 07:34 PM
:D

I'll be guessing end of the month then.

Boy oh boy!

Janus
03-02-08, 04:05 AM
What era is Jutland focused on?

Raptor1
03-02-08, 05:59 AM
The name "Jutland" should quite obviously give away that it's WWI

I have been waiting quite a while for a game that focuses on WWI era Dreadnoughts

Castout
03-03-08, 02:27 AM
Is it going to be available in retail stores?

Or is it downloadable only like distant guns?
How much is the price tag?

The ships looks great but the sea looks pretty lame.
Is it released yet?

CCIP
03-03-08, 02:30 AM
Is it going to be available in retail stores?

Or is it downloadable only like distant guns?
How much is the price tag?

The ships looks great but the sea looks pretty lame.
Is it released yet?

1) AFAIK, no
2) AFAIK, yes
3) wouldn't be unreasonable to expect about the same $60 as Distant Guns was
4) Silly devs :88) The screens you see right up front are actually from an early alpha according to the devs. They later posted more screens (some of them you can see toward the bottom of the page) and on their forums, and the sea certainly doesn't look as lame as it does in the first few screenshots on the page.
5) I wish!

TheSatyr
04-02-08, 09:08 PM
I'm still hoping they will include scenarios based on the Coronel and Falklands battles.

I do know I'm always going to be nervous when commanding British Battlecruisers,they did seem to blow up quite nicely.

Sonarman
04-03-08, 04:19 AM
I hope they have completely retooled the interface as it was the only thing that was below par in Distant Guns, otherwise it was a very good game

TheSatyr
04-03-08, 11:59 AM
The interface is the only reason that I don't play Distant Guns that often.

Raptor1
04-03-08, 12:00 PM
Auuu, It's been more then a month, I NEED TO PLAY THIS GAME, NOW

TheSatyr
04-03-08, 03:43 PM
Hopefully,if they do change the interface they will patch it into distant guns as well.

I agree with Raptor...need...this...game...now....

Sonarman
04-03-08, 04:08 PM
Yes they do seem quite good at retrofitting Distant Guns, I wish Ubi would do the same with SH3!!

I can't understand why they didn't get in touch with Neal or send him a review copy of DG, big mistake as a lot of people here were interested in DG. I even sent them an email before the game launched suggesting they contact Subsim or visit the forums but sadly I think it fell on deaf ears.

Raptor1
04-29-08, 09:18 AM
I was thinking, Maybe they're planning to release this game on the 31st of May?

PeriscopeDepth
04-29-08, 12:36 PM
It's getting to look that way.

And yeah Sonarman, their PR is atrocious. They completely ignore naval simmers and just go after wargamers.

PD

XabbaRus
04-29-08, 04:28 PM
I'm going to try the demo again of DG. Maybe I'll get the hang of it.

TheSatyr
05-08-08, 11:45 AM
I've never really gotten the hang of DG,especially the campaign game. For some reason my ships often don't go where I tell them to go...weird.

PeriscopeDepth
05-09-08, 03:29 PM
Distant Guns DOES have an awkward interace. There is no disputing that, especially if you're new to it. But it's campaign game is unlike any other, and the battles produce VERY believable results.

PD

Janus
06-17-08, 03:03 PM
Is Jutland done yet?
http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv (http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/index.php?module=see&lang=uk&code=fc94fb3cef44de2d13e0c67dee20fe91)

Found this video here: http://www.gamesquad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76833

Raptor1
06-17-08, 03:10 PM
LOL

Me wants Jutland, NOWZ!

tmusser
07-26-10, 02:50 PM
I bought Jutland but cannot find games instructions. Anyone know?

Bullethead
07-26-10, 04:07 PM
I bought Jutland but cannot find games instructions. Anyone know?

Thanks for your support and sorry for the inconvenience.

You can find the instructions in 2 ways:

1. Go to START/All Programs/Storm Eagle Studios/Jutland and you'll see shortcuts for tutorials, FAQs, and the game manual.

2. You can also read the manual directly. If you installed in the default directory, it'll be in c:\Program Files\Storm Eagle Studios\Jutland\Jutland Player Manual.pdf