PDA

View Full Version : Battlestations Pacific Exclusive first look preview...

Sonarman
02-28-08, 05:00 PM
TeamXbox360 have an exclusive first look preview on "Battlestations Pacific" (http://previews.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/1886/Battlestations-Pacific/p1/) the forthcoming Eidos sequel to the hit action/strategy game Battlestations Midway. Sounds like ground troops have now been added into the mix.

AFRIKAKORPS
03-01-08, 07:02 PM
I really liked the first game, it was a lot of fun, and the new one sounds like its going to be even better.

Overkill
03-01-08, 07:41 PM
Awsome! Hope they add a mission editor for this one. That was the only thing keep'n BS: Midway from get'n a 10 in my book. :D

miner1436
03-02-08, 01:03 AM
looks like they finally made an ocean floor:rock:

Raptor1
03-02-08, 06:04 AM
The only things that kept BS:M from being one of the best naval games of all time we're the crappy effects (when a battleship shoots it doesn't make a little puff, it makes a column of smoke 10m long), bad aiming system/ranges too short and the lack of skirmish/mission editor/dynamic campaign

Sonarman
03-02-08, 10:14 AM
I'd like to see them develop a game similar to the great old Amiga title "Carrier Command" using the Battlestations Midway engine.

The original Carrier command was actually originally designed as a ww2 strategy game but the sytems of the day (C64 Amiga Atari ST, Spectrum, CGA PC ) were not really up to throwing a lot of polygons on the screen so a decision was made to set the game in the future. This allowed the devs to make ships in whatever shapes they wanted with as few polygons as they wanted.

With longer engagement ranges and a bit more realism BSM could be a truly awesome title.