PDA

View Full Version : SH-3 Vanilla gone CRAZY ???

FIREWALL
02-26-08, 10:38 PM
Lets see if you guys can figure out this one.

Please read it slowly.

I did all the usual list of things to unistall, and have done this many times before. And went back and double checked.

1. Installed SH-3 ,Patched it. Started it and it didn,t ask for key code and ran. Did a single mission no problem.

2. My cursor got near the let side of screen and a vertical slideout with shortcuts slid out. What the he!!.:huh:

Btw I got this game when it first came out at GameSpot. So it's not one of those new ones.

Any ideas?

Sailor Steve
02-26-08, 10:44 PM
I've had those slideouts for so long, I don't remember what mod they came with, or if they were stock, or what.

I understand the dilemma, but I have no answer.

FIREWALL
02-26-08, 10:49 PM
I've had those slideouts for so long, I don't remember what mod they came with, or if they were stock, or what.

I understand the dilemma, but I have no answer.

Thanks SS I thought the same thing on that one too. I've played GWX for so long. But I also thought I might be loseing it too. :D

GoldenRivet
02-26-08, 10:50 PM
dont let penelope see this :nope:

FIREWALL
02-26-08, 10:55 PM
dont let penelope see this :nope:

? ? ? ?

GoldenRivet
02-26-08, 11:15 PM
she hates when you call it "vanilla" :rotfl:

FIREWALL
02-26-08, 11:28 PM
OOPS ! :oops: What doe's she call it ?

Blacklight
02-26-08, 11:59 PM
French Vanilla ?

FIREWALL
02-27-08, 12:50 AM
Lets see if you guys can figure out this one.

Please read it slowly.

I did all the usual list of things to unistall, and have done this many times before. And went back and double checked.

1. Installed SH-3 ,Patched it. Started it and it didn,t ask for key code and ran. Did a single mission no problem.

2. My cursor got near the let side of screen and a vertical slideout with shortcuts slid out. What the he!!.:huh:

Btw I got this game when it first came out at GameSpot. So it's not one of those new ones.

Any ideas? Now that wev'e had some fun. Any new ideas here ?

Kaleu_Mihoo
02-27-08, 01:03 AM
I think it's just the stock slide-out panel of the "vanilla" version of sh3. So everything is just fine with the new installation.

FIREWALL
02-27-08, 01:29 AM
I think it's just the stock slide-out panel of the "vanilla" version of sh3. So everything is just fine with the new installation.

Your answer matchs Sailor Steves so double :up: :up: to you both.

So I guess i'm not going LOOPY. :doh:

BUT NOBODY HAS ANSWERED THE KEY CODE PART :damn: :D

danlisa
02-27-08, 03:04 AM
Unless you used a registry cleaner after uninstalling the game, SH3 won't ask you again for the Key.

Stop complaining, it's a good thing.:up:

Myxale
02-27-08, 06:03 AM
This topic just reminded me that i done remember what the stock game was!:o

GoldenRivet
02-27-08, 06:06 AM
This topic just reminded me that i done remember what the stock game was!:o

Ditto

danlisa
02-27-08, 06:18 AM
Try it, you might like it.:p:rotfl:

I had to load Stock awhile ago and I was lost, even in the main menu.:lol:

HunterICX
02-27-08, 06:22 AM
You gotta be kidding me , Danlisa :88)

HunterICX

Dowly
02-27-08, 06:49 AM
You gotta be kidding me , Danlisa :88)

HunterICX

I think not. It took him over 2hrs to get "hang of" this:
http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/future-weapons/games/cannon/cannon.html

:p

Sailor Steve
02-27-08, 08:29 AM
She calls it "stock". She likes to point out that vanilla is not plain, it's actually a flavor, and a very complex one. She's right, but it's still not raspberry tutti-frutti.

Brag
02-27-08, 10:32 AM
She calls it "stock". She likes to point out that vanilla is not plain, it's actually a flavor, and a very complex one. She's right, but it's still not raspberry tutti-frutti.

Here is the approved version for Penelope.

The shortcut panel is standard in Vaini-stock-o-hoochie version of SH3 :smug:

Faamecanic
02-28-08, 12:41 PM

Now that I think of it, when I installed GWX 2.0 4 weeks ago I did a fresh install, patched to 1.4b, went in "vanilla" for 1 patrol to see what I was missing (nothing,... vanilla still sucked compared to GWX 1.03)..and I was NEVER asked for a key code either. hummmm :hmm: