PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy - list!

CCIP
02-26-08, 02:44 PM
Gentlemen (and ladies!)

Thought it would be good to assemble a list of vendors where you could get the expansion and when it's spotted there. Buying it through subsim is of course the best option, but since it doesn't work for some, it'd be useful to have other options. Especially since some have already found it on shelves!

So far I have found

Ubi.com - $9.95 (format unknown, probably both CD and direct download) - expected 2/28
Direct2Drive.com - $9.95 (direct download) - 2/28, also has a bundle with original SH4 for $26

Ark
02-26-08, 03:41 PM
CCIP, the Ubi digital store is $9.95 for the Download version. I have not seen the cost of the DVD/CD version. Is there somewhere else you see it?

Gogamer.com - $29.90 (DVD/CD).

stabiz
02-26-08, 05:55 PM
Damn it! Cant buy from Ubi-store due to "country restrictions"? I am not from a third world country either.:stare: (Norway)

Schultzy
02-26-08, 07:56 PM
Isn't that because it's not out in Europe until the 28th? *shrug* damn these staggered release dates. :lol:

stabiz
02-26-08, 08:00 PM
:hmm: Maybe ... I thought it would preload or something.

CCIP
02-27-08, 02:48 AM
You're right, I guess the 9.95 is for the download.

And no, Ubi's site says it's only going to be available for download in North America and on the 28th. Nothing about Europe or NZ/Australia, but I presume it might just not be set up for that yet.

CCIP
02-27-08, 02:49 AM
[double post]

Major Johnson
02-27-08, 10:52 AM
No CD/DVD available in North America? Are you freakin' kidding me?? :nope: I personally prefer having a hard copy, even if I have to pay few bucks extra. What happens if you have have a hard drive crash?? Most users don't make monthly backups of the important files on their home computers. I'm in the IT field and I don't do that! Of course I have a RAID configuration now, but how many people have that??

CCIP
02-27-08, 10:55 AM
I've had no problem re-downloading games from Ubi.com. As long as you have the account there, I believe you can get your games back.

snakeyez
02-27-08, 11:14 AM
No CD/DVD available in North America?

I haven't read that yet I don't think. Has someone in the know stated that a physical copy won't be sold in the USA?

TDK1044
02-27-08, 11:43 AM
You can get it here if you're prepared to pay $29 for it.

http://www.gogamer.com/Silent-Hunter-4--U-Boat-Missions-Expansion--I--PC-Simulations_stcVVproductId38392830VVcatId444808VVv iewprod.htm

Schnee
02-27-08, 12:59 PM
It will be available for download from ubisoft.com on Feb 28 for $ 9.99 - is the DVD packaging THAT compelling that you want to pay the extra $ 20 for it from Go gamer.com?

Major Johnson
02-27-08, 01:20 PM
Although you have a point with the comparison of paying $9.99 in adverse to $29.99, I also would like to give it as a gift. Somehow a digital download doesn't seem all that personal.

I will say though, that a couple a years ago I had realized I could not find a digital download I had purchased years before that, and after a little inquiring to the gamesite, I was able redownload the game, no fuss no muss. They actually had a record of the transaction. Admittedly I was impressed.

Funny, I think I've just talked myself into a digital download!! :doh: But, can I download it through Subsim so they get a cut?? :up:

Ark
02-27-08, 03:53 PM
*EDIT*

It came out to $48 at Gogamer with Overnight shipping....looks like I am going to go for the $10 DL. LOL

snakeyez
02-27-08, 05:20 PM
Are you telling me that Best Buy, EBGames, nor GameStop here in the USA are going to carry the U-Boat Missions addon?

miner1436
02-27-08, 05:26 PM
If you preorder it from Direct2Dirive they will allow you to download it the minute it comes out right?

CCIP
02-27-08, 05:35 PM
If you preorder it from Direct2Dirive they will allow you to download it the minute it comes out right?

Ideally that's the case. However as with SH4 for example, I remember being quite mad when the game basically didn't get unlocked for downloads until the following morning. So... hopefully it'll be on time, that's all I can say.

Seeadler
02-27-08, 05:38 PM
Are you telling me that Best Buy, EBGames, nor GameStop here in the USA are going to carry the U-Boat Missions addon?

here in this thread on the Ubi forums you will find informations for customers in the USA
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6421019045/m/4931095736

snakeyez
02-27-08, 05:45 PM
here in this thread on the Ubi forums you will find informations for customers in the USA
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6421019045/m/4931095736

Thank ya. Well, looks like I may not be playing U-Boat Missions after all. I don't care to buy a digital download version.

Ark
02-27-08, 10:52 PM
According to one person here, they were able to pick up a copy at Gamestop.

badaboom
02-27-08, 11:20 PM
Well I went with Gogamer,never had a prob with them,should be here sat.

Ark
02-27-08, 11:37 PM

I think the DVD version at Gogamer is an Import, hence the (I) next to the title. If it is an import, which it more than likely is (I do believe alll the imports I have purchased from Gogamer had an (I) next to the title), there is a decent chance it may not function with a U.S. version of SHIV.

Just a heads up.

skwasjer
02-27-08, 11:51 PM
Got it from the Ubi UK shop for £9.99 (=~ €13,20), ordered 2 weeks ago, got delivered by mail the 27th :up:

miner1436
02-28-08, 12:40 AM
Its the 28, Direct2Drive should have the link soon.

JAKE
02-28-08, 03:33 AM
Bought my copy from game.com for 10 pounds. Should have it today.:D

sergbuto
02-28-08, 05:28 AM
Got it from the Ubi UK shop for £9.99 (=~ €13,20), ordered 2 weeks ago, got delivered by mail the 27th :up:
What's the shipping cost?

skwasjer
02-28-08, 10:15 AM
What's the shipping cost?
2 pounds extra (to NL), in 2-3 business days

badaboom
02-28-08, 11:28 AM

I think the DVD version at Gogamer is an Import, hence the (I) next to the title. If it is an import, which it more than likely is (I do believe alll the imports I have purchased from Gogamer had an (I) next to the title), there is a decent chance it may not function with a U.S. version of SHIV.

Just a heads up.

O.K Thanks for the heads up Ark,I guess I'll find out when I receive it sat,it would be strange if it doesn't work since I bought my copy of SHIV from GoGamer also.

DavyJonesFootlocker
02-28-08, 11:31 AM
Stabiz what's wrong with us 'Third World' countries that was not the fault of 'First World' countries, huh?:stare::stare::stare:

My copy is arriving via banana boat!

stuntcow
02-28-08, 12:37 PM
I am able to start downloading mine today from the Ubi store.

Ark
02-28-08, 12:44 PM
I am able to start downloading mine today from the Ubi store.

Same here. :up:

CCIP
02-28-08, 01:12 PM
Already got it from there :D

Onkel Neal
02-28-08, 08:10 PM
Ok, SH4 U-boat missions is now available through Subsim, which means you get it through Direct2Drive and Subsim gets a couple $$ from the sale--at no extra cost to you.

Click here http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=131893 (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=131893)

many thanks for your support! You can get it as a download in several places but only this link means the game helps pay the bills.

good hunting!
Neal

Sgian Dubh
02-28-08, 08:30 PM
I've never used a digital download from UBI. I have a number of games from MatrixGames that I hve downloaded - but in each of those cases I was able to burn the dowloaded files to CD or DVD as backups in case my hard drive went down.

Can the file(s?) downloaded from Ubi be burned/backedup so as to preserve a copy in case of future hard drive failures?

If so, then I will be downloading as soon as I have an answer to this question.

Rockin Robbins
02-28-08, 08:39 PM
Ok, SH4 U-boat missions is now available through Subsim, which means you get it through Direct2Drive and Subsim gets a couple $$ from the sale--at no extra cost to you.

Click here http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=131893 (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=131893)

many thanks for your support! You can get it as a download in several places but only this link means the game helps pay the bills.

good hunting!
Neal Please make that announcement so prominent that nobody from SUBSIM buys it any way else!:up:

DANGER! Downloading now.............:rock:

skwasjer
02-28-08, 08:50 PM
I've never used a digital download from UBI. I have a number of games from MatrixGames that I hve downloaded - but in each of those cases I was able to burn the dowloaded files to CD or DVD as backups in case my hard drive went down.

Can the file(s?) downloaded from Ubi be burned/backedup so as to preserve a copy in case of future hard drive failures?

If so, then I will be downloading as soon as I have an answer to this question.
I don't know about Ubi, but if you buy through Direct2Drive (see Neal's link), you can download the game as often as you want. I've downloaded some games over 1.5 years again after I purchased them. And yes, if you want to be really safe, you can burn the downloaded file to a dvd.

Sgian Dubh
02-28-08, 09:15 PM

If so, then I will be downloading as soon as I have an answer to this question. I don't know about Ubi, but if you buy through Direct2Drive (see Neal's link), you can download the game as often as you want. I've downloaded some games over 1.5 years again after I purchased them. And yes, if you want to be really safe, you can burn the downloaded file to a dvd.

Thanks for the reply. Perhaps I am a bit to pessimistic at times, but I don't want to assume that D2D will be around at some point in the future when my HDD craps out.

HEMISENT
02-29-08, 02:36 PM
Just ordered a disc from Go Gamer and got the confirmation. $32.49 with shipping. Now we'll see if a CD with the "I" works with a US version of the game.

badaboom
02-29-08, 03:08 PM
Just installed my copy from GoGamer,Everything works fine,WOW......are the load times fast now!!!!!:up:

FIREWALL
02-29-08, 03:19 PM

If so, then I will be downloading as soon as I have an answer to this question. I don't know about Ubi, but if you buy through Direct2Drive (see Neal's link), you can download the game as often as you want. I've downloaded some games over 1.5 years again after I purchased them. And yes, if you want to be really safe, you can burn the downloaded file to a dvd.

Thanks for the reply. Perhaps I am a bit to pessimistic at times, but I don't want to assume that D2D will be around at some point in the future when my HDD craps out.

Can you both confirm the burning issue for US version.

If I can burn to cd I'll d\l soon. Waiting for reply.

skwasjer
02-29-08, 03:53 PM

Can you both confirm the burning issue for US version.

If I can burn to cd I'll d\l soon. Waiting for reply.
You can't burn it as an 'image', just burn it as a file.

HEMISENT
02-29-08, 05:34 PM
Just installed my copy from GoGamer,Everything works fine,WOW......are the load times fast now!!!!!:up:

badaboom
Sounds great thanks for the update. Do you live in North America/US?

badaboom
02-29-08, 08:10 PM

badaboom

Yes Sir!!!!! I live in[VERY COLD]right now Chicago!:up:

HEMISENT
02-29-08, 09:25 PM

badaboom
Yes Sir!!!!! I live in[VERY COLD]right now Chicago!:up:

Hah!
Small world, I'm 60 miles NW out in McHenry County. Happy to hear the go gamer disc is working for you, a big load off my mind.

What moron in marketing decided the US didn't need to have a retail hard disc made available.

badaboom
03-01-08, 08:33 AM
HEMISENT,Please check PM.:up: