PDA

View Full Version : where to pre-order the expansion?

Laffertytig
02-19-08, 01:24 PM
i just tryed to find it through the subsim store link but amazon.co.uk dont seem to list it. i thought the release date was late feb or has it been pushed back?

Schultzy
02-19-08, 01:35 PM
Same for me. I saw it listed on play.com about a week ago, i went back to order it the next day (after clearance from the Admiral) and it had disappeared. Plus i can't find a hint of it on the Amazon uk or de sites either...hope that's not bad news??

KevinM
02-19-08, 03:36 PM
I posted a link to it at Game in the pre-order link thread, further down.

Kevin.

Laffertytig
02-20-08, 07:46 AM
yep but i was hopin to order through subsim which use amazon whom i already have an account with.

LukeFF
02-23-08, 07:20 PM
GoGamer now has it up on their site for $29.90 USD.

http://www.gogamer.com/Silent-Hunter-4--U-Boat-Missions-Expansion--I--Front-Page_stcVVproductId38392830VVcatId444710VVviewprod .htm

Shiplord
02-24-08, 08:25 AM
According to an official Ubisoft community manager news from Friday, there are only two verions, a DVD boxed version available only via Ubisoft Online store, and a downloadable version via online game provider like gamesload.de

snakeyez
02-24-08, 03:16 PM
According to an official Ubisoft community manager news from Friday, there are only two verions, a DVD boxed version available only via Ubisoft Online store, and a downloadable version via online game provider like gamesload.de

Oh crud! Where can I go to read the Ubisoft community manager news?

Shiplord
02-24-08, 06:25 PM
Oh crud! Where can I go to read the Ubisoft community manager news?

http://forums-de.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9001092274/m/1971089336

Wir möchten euch auf Folgendes hinweisen:
Das Add-On wird es in 2 Ausführungen geben. Als "Boxed Version" und als Download Version. Die Boxed Version (Version in DVD Verpackung) wird es nur über unseren Ubi Online Shop geben. Die Download Version wird exklusiv über Gamesload angeboten!

Translation:
We let you know the following:
The add-on is available in 2 versions. As a "boxed" version and as a downloadable version. The boxed version (version of DVD packaging), it is only available through our Ubi Online Shop. The download version will be offered exclusively on Gamesload!

I do not know whether it count just for the German market!

Reece
02-24-08, 08:00 PM
This is strange, I wonder what happens to those who have prepaid at various stores like EB, refund I suppose, very unprofessional conduct for sure!:-?

snakeyez
02-24-08, 10:49 PM
This is strange, I wonder what happens to those who have prepaid at various stores like EB, refund I suppose, very unprofessional conduct for sure!:-?

Well, don't give up hope just yet as I bet that was for Germany only. If it had been for the USA I figure we would have known by now, given that the USA release is in just 2 days.

maerean_m
02-25-08, 01:07 AM
Actually, there were 8 versions that were built (by request from marketing):

Add-on downloadable and CD form (EMEA & US each) for those who already own SH4, SH4 with included add-on DVD version (EMEA & US) and some others I don't remember right now.

Hitman
02-25-08, 03:28 PM
Hummm sorry of the stupid question but will it be on normal (not virtual) stores?? :-?

miner1436
02-25-08, 04:53 PM
Is there any websites like Direct2Drive that will release it tommorow?

FIREWALL
02-25-08, 05:24 PM
My local GameStop has it now and I pick it up tomorrow.

Laffertytig
02-25-08, 06:14 PM
still pretty weird that this close to release its still not listed on amazon.co.uk

badaboom
02-25-08, 11:11 PM
Yeah,I mean come on,I know some of you[Kpt Stevens]must know something of the new add-on,or maybe Kpt & Kriller are engaged in a epic sea battle in the Indian ocean and cannot be disturbed:p

KevinM
02-26-08, 07:25 AM
still pretty weird that this close to release its still not listed on amazon.co.uk

According to the Game (UK) website, Game have it listed for sale as a Game Exclusive. In other words, it looks like the only place you can buy it from (apart from Ubi) here in the UK is Game. So no Amazon, Play etc.

Kevin.

elanaiba
02-26-08, 07:44 AM
The add-on should sell for much, much less. Something like 10$.

Alex
02-26-08, 07:51 AM
If I'm not mistaken its price is 30$ :oops:... The price here is 20€ (which is the same price than in $).

http://www.alapage.com/-/Fiche/JeuxVideo/638299/silent-hunter-4-extension-pc-compatibles-jeux-pc-simulation-avion-bateau-train.htm?fulltext=silent%20hunter&id=308031199885540&donnee_appel=ALAPAGE

elanaiba
02-26-08, 07:55 AM
I HOPE that they didn't get their prices adjusted yet but will, as the add-on is due on the 28th.

ReallyDedPoet
02-26-08, 08:00 AM
The add-on should sell for much, much less. Something like 10$.

Saw it advertised here: Direct2Drive.com for $9.95.

RDP

Alex
02-26-08, 08:01 AM
Let's hope this for the community... But don't worry, we know the dev team has nothing to do with the price of the add-on, Dan.
The Ubi marketing guys are evil. :x :nope:
Selling such an expensive add-on will not be easy, especially when you know that a lot of players on here are now allergic to u-boote :huh:, and want to enjoy the Pacific theatre of operations as much as possible.

sergbuto
02-26-08, 08:12 AM
Here in Sweden the price is also about 20€ as for today.

elanaiba
02-26-08, 08:20 AM
The 10$ (suppose 10 euros in Europe) price was set by the marketing guys, they are not (that) evil :)

Sergbutto - is that the price for actually buying the add-on, off the shelve?

elanaiba
02-26-08, 08:21 AM
OMG need more post to lose this avatar!

LE: Phhew, that was a close one!

snakeyez
02-26-08, 08:47 AM
For some reason I still cannot find any retailer in the USA that has this game available now or for preorder online. I've checked GameStop.com, EBGames.com, Amazon.com, and BestBuy.com.

Are they all just shoddy on updating their websites or what? Should I just drive down to my local GameStop or EBGames or Best Buy today and see?

snakeyez
02-26-08, 08:55 AM
Actually, this is the only option for purchase (or preorder) I've seen for the USA online.

It's a $9.95 download version from Ubisoft USA that says it will be available for download on the 28th. I thought this game was coming out here in the USA today, on the 26th? Either way, I want a nice boxed hard copy. :)

http://digitalstore.ubi.com/178/5867/product/Buy-Silent-Hunter:-Wolves-of-the-Pacific-U-Boat-Missions-(Pre-Order)-Download (http://digitalstore.ubi.com/178/5867/product/Buy-Silent-Hunter:-Wolves-of-the-Pacific-U-Boat-Missions-%28Pre-Order%29-Download)

TDK1044
02-26-08, 09:09 AM
Marketing has never been one of Ubisoft's strong points......at least relating to the Silent Hunter series. Thankfully, they have great Devs. :D

snakeyez
02-26-08, 09:11 AM
Marketing has never been one of Ubisoft's strong points......at least relating to the Silent Hunter series. Thankfully, they have great Devs. :D

Amen to that!

TDK1044
02-26-08, 09:41 AM
I think Neal will be posting a purchase link for the Add On tomorrow. :D

FIREWALL
02-26-08, 10:23 AM
My local GameStop has it now and I pick it up tomorrow.:huh: :huh: :huh:

dcb
02-26-08, 11:27 AM
Selling such an expensive add-on will not be easy, especially when you know that a lot of players on here are now allergic to u-boote :huh:, and want to enjoy the Pacific theatre of operations as much as possible.

I 100% agree with you about keeping the price as low as possible.:D

However, I disagree over the other idea of yours, that a lot of players are allergic to u-boote. I don't think this is true. Just check the statistics: at the precise moment I am typing this, there are a total of 272 subsim members viewing the SH3 forums and 267 viewing the SH4 forums. And usually there are more members on the SH3 forum than SH4. And don't forget that, while the SH4 modding forum brings novelties every day, the SH3 is rather bleak when it comes to new mods these days. So, even with this stronger momentum in modding SH4, there are still more viewers on SH3.
Yes, I concede there's a current against uboats around, but this is fueled by 20 up to 30 people at most, which are few, but very vocal, with an indignation mostly driven by political correctnes. Instead of enjoying two separate games - which are JUST GAMES - they are turning each of them into a political SHRINE, which is a pity IMO. And, in all honesty, 30 people can't be considered a mainstream.
You can't say many players are allergic to uboat games as long as I see new people posting every day in the SH3 forums, which is amazing for a game launched three years ago!

Phew, long post, but I really felt the urge to say what I think, especially when I see people who enjoyed SH3 in the past now cursing and swearing at the precise game they used to love a year ago.:arrgh!:

TDK1044
02-26-08, 11:54 AM
I agree. The one thing that will make the Add On worth while for me will be the possibility of a full U Boat Atlantic Campaign. I haven't played SH3 for more than a year now, because I won't have Starforce Drivers on my system.

The thought of a possibility of a full U Boat campaign within SH4 about six to nine months down the road makes the Add On worth purchasing in my view. :D

Ark
02-26-08, 12:09 PM
Ubisoft needs some serious help with how they market and publish titles.

This game is supposed to be (I thought) out in the U.S. today. I can't even find it at the Ubi store other than some silly DL. Are they serious? lol

TDK1044
02-26-08, 12:34 PM
Neal will have the link up tomorrow. :D

The General
02-26-08, 12:34 PM
Hang in there everyone, only 48 hours to go (maybe less for our American friends). We're all very excited about this release and hope it's a better finished product than SH4 1.1 was. Surely? :o

Update: Kriller2 had his copy yesterday and I think he's in the States, get him!!

Shiplord
02-26-08, 12:45 PM
because I won't have Starforce Drivers on my system.

That is the reason why I waited and bought last year, the 10€ StarForce-free version of SH3 :|\\

TDK1044
02-26-08, 12:49 PM
because I won't have Starforce Drivers on my system.

That is the reason why I waited and bought last year, the 10€ StarForce-free version of SH3 :|\\

Where did you get it? And was it patched?

sergbuto
02-26-08, 01:15 PM
That is the pre-order price. Availability date is Feb. 28.

Shiplord
02-26-08, 01:50 PM
Where did you get it? And was it patched?
We have here in Germany a low-prize section of older PC games in stores, called Software Pyramide, from there I get the 10€ version with the bar code number
4012160344487. Entering this number at amazon.de brings also the same version
http://www.amazon.de/s/ref=nb_ss_w?__mk_de_DE=%C5M%C5Z%D5%D1&url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=4012160344487&Go.x=14&Go.y=11&Go=Go
and the SH3 version in the Gold Games 9 compilation is also SF-free. These SH3 versions are patched to 1.4b out of the box.

Alex
02-26-08, 03:41 PM

I 100% agree with you about keeping the price as low as possible.:D

However, I disagree over the other idea of yours, that a lot of players are allergic to u-boote. I don't think this is true. Just check the statistics: at the precise moment I am typing this, there are a total of 272 subsim members viewing the SH3 forums and 267 viewing the SH4 forums. And usually there are more members on the SH3 forum than SH4. And don't forget that, while the SH4 modding forum brings novelties every day, the SH3 is rather bleak when it comes to new mods these days. So, even with this stronger momentum in modding SH4, there are still more viewers on SH3.
Yes, I concede there's a current against uboats around, but this is fueled by 20 up to 30 people at most, which are few, but very vocal, with an indignation mostly driven by political correctnes. Instead of enjoying two separate games - which are JUST GAMES - they are turning each of them into a political SHRINE, which is a pity IMO. And, in all honesty, 30 people can't be considered a mainstream.
You can't say many players are allergic to uboat games as long as I see new people posting every day in the SH3 forums, which is amazing for a game launched three years ago!

Phew, long post, but I really felt the urge to say what I think, especially when I see people who enjoyed SH3 in the past now cursing and swearing at the precise game they used to love a year ago.:arrgh!:

You are right, mate... Personally I (and a lot of players) think that this SH3/4 players war is no less than what Subsim does NOT need... But I've seen a lot of times SH4 players saying "I'm tired of the atlantic" and all :huh:...

The only player I've ever known who was strongly against the Atlantic ocean was Ducimus. The man was feeling hurt or betrayed cause we Atlantic wolves want to stay there and not to move to the Pacific ocean, he was thinking that we do not respect the U.S. Navy and thus was very unpleasant to us (did he think that's what's going to make us move to the Pacific ? :roll:). This man is not here any more, so to all of them Pacific fanatics who do not want their submarine to sail in the Atlantic any more, I want to say something now : we simply respect the Kriegsmarine too much to fall in love with the U.S. Navy actually. What I mean is that lots of SH3 players play SH4 as well (don't have a computer able to run it myself, do I still need to mention it ? :88) ), but they don't feel as much "concerned" sailing the Pacific as the Atlantic ocean. That's all. We Atlantic lovers respect the U.S. Navy as much as we respect the Kriegsmarine.

I'm really tired of this SH3/4 players war :stare:. Hopefully my post will let them know that we are NOT their enemies... :88) ;)

LukeFF
02-26-08, 10:02 PM
Actually, this is the only option for purchase (or preorder) I've seen for the USA online.

GoGamer.com has it on their site, and it's who I pre-orded it from.

Onkel Neal
02-26-08, 10:13 PM
Neal will have the link up tomorrow. :D

I hope so, but still waiting for the magic button from Direct2Drive :lol:

sergbuto
02-28-08, 04:27 AM
Now it is confirmed, the shelve price in Sweden is more 20€.

Sonarman
02-28-08, 07:28 PM
It's probably actually quite a good thing to buy direct from Ubi as it means they are getting about 3 times as much profit as they would normally get from a retail "High street" sale. Which can only be good for the viablity and future of the series.

In an ideal world Ubi would place an "order now" button here on Subsim and give a small say 10% percentage to Neal, then both the community and series would gain maximum benefit.

Onkel Neal
02-28-08, 08:07 PM
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=131893 (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=131893)