PDA

View Full Version : Range location

geist262
02-13-08, 06:24 PM
Where do I look to figure out how far I am away from a ship? I am a huge fan of SH3 GWX, but so far I am hating SH4. I keep going to the left side of the screen for the menus and I don't care for the layout. Anyway, in SH3, the range was on the right side of the periscope. Where is it now? Thanks guys.

Schlippittz
02-13-08, 06:28 PM
If you're not manually targeting, when you bring up the torpedo settings (I know there's correct jargon for that thing, but I dunno it yet) by clicking the tab about 2/3 down the letf side of the screen, you will see the target's range and speed displayed.

geist262
02-13-08, 06:33 PM
Thanks, I appreciate it.

Zero Niner
02-13-08, 08:05 PM
If you're not manually targeting, when you bring up the torpedo settings (I know there's correct jargon for that thing, but I dunno it yet) by clicking the tab about 2/3 down the letf side of the screen, you will see the target's range and speed displayed.
Also the ship ID, AOB and bearing relative to your own sub. There's a toggle switch at the bottom left of this panel; clicking this allows you to fiddle with torpedo settings (speed, fuze, depth & spread angle).
Finally there's a button on the bottom right labelled "GSP". Clicking on it locks the solution into the TDC and provided the ship's speed and course does not change, the TDC will continuously update the correct firing solution. You could, in theory, fire based on this alone.

See image below:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v40/ZeroNiner/SH4/Whatsthis.jpg