PDA

View Full Version : Eyeball Targetting

Captain Vlad
02-11-08, 03:58 PM
Been on 100% realism for two patrols now. Still have no idea how to use the TDC, though I downloaded Werners awesome vids and have been training myself with the sub academy. Thing is though...I'm actually doing okay.

There's been lots of saves and reloads as I figure out the nuances of it, but I actually CAN hit targets by guesstimating where the torps need to go, pointing the boat that direction, and firing a 2 or 3 torp spread.

Anyone else use this method often, or who was forced too by an early lack of TDC skill? Tell your stories!

kylesplanet
02-12-08, 09:42 AM
I've done that and had pretty good success with it.:arrgh!:

k1l0
02-12-08, 04:07 PM
i am doing that most of the time ... TDC works in the "right" condition, and usually i am not in the "right" position, in my opinion TDC is a form of cheating, values to be entered must be precise and u can get those when u are very close and in a good firing position without using the TDC.

Snuffy
02-12-08, 04:19 PM
I shoot deflection most of the time. :)

Same as piloting an aircraft.

Captain Vlad
02-16-08, 06:10 PM
Same as piloting an aircraft.

Heh. It is a bit easier to hit ships from a relatively stable submarine as opposed to a flak-rattled torpedo bomber.

swdw
02-16-08, 06:13 PM
So do you use manual or automatic targeting when trying to target eyeballs and sink them?:doh:

Wassat? that's not what you meant?:D

Captain Vlad
02-16-08, 06:18 PM
So do you use manual or automatic targeting when trying to target eyeballs and sink them?:doh:

I used a salad fork. My hand was forced, the XO was about to take the last curly fry.

CaptainHaplo
02-17-08, 09:31 AM
I used this alot myself - get close, about 600 yds - if he is trucking at 10 knots I am looking at about a 8 degree transit - I fire when he is centered on 352 degrees. adjust the degree of where I fire by where I want to hit him at.