PDA

View Full Version : Shock Horror My Word

STEED
02-08-08, 02:04 PM
STAR TREK fans before you click the link get yourself a mug of very sweet tea your going to need it. :o

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2008/02/08/wtrek108.xml (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2008/02/08/wtrek108.xml)

SUBMAN1
02-08-08, 03:32 PM
I doubt I'd watch myself either because I'd suck too! :D

-S

STEED
02-08-08, 05:00 PM
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Skybird
02-08-08, 05:56 PM
shatner indeed is no actor that stands out from the crowd. It's just that he fitted that one single role very well. but that is not so much about competent acting, but representing a type. In German language, I always make a difference between "Darsteller" and "Schauspieler", although my understanding of these terms is not much shared in Germany. Darsteller are the wannabe-stars as well as the persons who can only live by representing the same kind of type over and over again. Most Hollywood actors are like that. Schauspieler are the ones who have the skill and creativity to believably bring the most different kinds of characters to live, and could even play a loightmast so that people believe they are a lightmast, and do not depend on one or two stereotypic types of characters in order to shine. This callibre of skill and talent is extremely rare.

Todays movies and screenplays and especially TV series seem to favour types and stereotypes over realistic characters, nevertheless. Thats why the vast majority of them is so boring, so similiar, so artificial - so bad.

Koondawg
02-09-08, 08:45 AM
:rotfl: Schauspieler are the ones who have the skill and creativity to believably bring the most different kinds of characters to live, and could even play a loightmast so that people believe they are a lightmast, and do not depend on one or two stereotypic types of characters in order to shine. This callibre of skill and talent is extremely rare.

Like the Hoff when he was in Baywatch....right? :rotfl: :rotfl:

Stealth Hunter
02-10-08, 06:26 AM
Nothing new. Robert Redford has NEVER watched a single film he's done... well, until 2005 when he watched "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid".