PDA

View Full Version : No gas? No problem!

Chardok
02-04-08, 12:11 PM
...Or is it?

So, I'm coming back from a marginally successful patrol off Honshu, sinking three merchants and dropping James bond off in Tokyo, and a couple times I had to go balls-to-the-wall to get away from some destroyers (Couldn't submerge, or I'd have sunk...all I could do was go flank to keep a little distance until nightfall).

I get about 250nm out of Midway and speed drops to 0kts, totally 100% out of Diesel. So I decide to ssee how far I can go on batteries. Do I dive to 30ish feet, go a few nm, then surface. Thinking I'm borked, I sit helplessly on the surface for awhile, then I get a notification. batteries to 25, sir!

WHAT?!

My batteries are charging without running the diesels? HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE!

not one to complain, I porpoise to midway, top off and head on in to pearl. So how is this possible? and is it possible to radio for help or something if you run out of gas?

Linavitch
02-04-08, 12:24 PM
Was a bug with stock but was fixed in one of the earlier patches IIRC (and I often don't!).

So, which version are you using?

SteamWake
02-04-08, 02:43 PM
The magical solar batterie charger was 'fixed' in patch version 1.3

Im assuming the OP has not patched.

Post patch if you do run out of fuel you are really and truelly SOL. There are no rescue boats or floating fuel stations. No calls for help. You are screwed.

Patboot
02-04-08, 06:02 PM
We chained Bernard to the treadmill hooked to the generators.

Chardok
02-05-08, 11:23 AM
HA! I am a gigantic moron! The 1.4 patch from Ubi is compatible with the retail and Direct D/L version. I installed it last night and badaboom, bye bye magical battery of DOOM™.

Sorry guys, but thanks for the info at any rate! :D

Pred8tor
02-05-08, 03:54 PM
I had a similar problem, except I had plenty of fuel. My problem was my engines were busted due to a tough depth charge attack. I could only sink and surface in place... after several days of hoping for rescue, I had to bail on the patrol. Didn't even have the option to swim for shore!

SteamWake
02-05-08, 04:26 PM
I had a similar problem, except I had plenty of fuel. My problem was my engines were busted due to a tough depth charge attack. I could only sink and surface in place... after several days of hoping for rescue, I had to bail on the patrol. Didn't even have the option to swim for shore!

Yup its a tough lesson to learn :oops:

Oh and welcome to the forums :rock: