PDA

View Full Version : Funny occurance with SH3 Commander

marees62
01-18-08, 07:16 PM
Hi all..I was playing SH3 last night with GWX2.0 and loaded the game through SH3 Commander. I went to the bar and read the messages that showed up, left and went to crew managemant screen. After giving someof my guys extra qualifications,I saved the changes and went to launch the game.At this point SH3 C notified me that one of my officers was due to be replaced and by the was seaman so and so neeeded to be replaced as he was killed in a bar fight. I looked at the message and hit the floor laughing. Suure didn't expect that to happen. Unfortunately, it wasn't Bernard, cause no sooner did we leave port we we had severe damage hit the sub near Hegoland. Don't know what we hit but it killed the boat real yast. Did the free look thing but there was nothing near me and I didn't hit any sandbars.

edit Ok I figured boat must have blundered into a mine, after reading a few posts, but still wondering about losing a crewman in a bar fight.

Brag
01-18-08, 07:33 PM
From all reports, in GWX 2, Helgoland is a death trap. Minefields!!!!!!!!!!!:nope:

Blacklight
01-18-08, 09:37 PM
Yes. Avoid going anywhere near there starting January of 1940. The sneaky Brits and the GWX team dropped a minefield all around the island.

Madox58
01-18-08, 09:41 PM
Don't worry.
We are gonna fix the mines in 2.1
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Abd_von_Mumit
01-18-08, 10:02 PM
And as to the bar fight, you have a SH3 Commander option "Simulate reliastic crew transfers" ticked. You can untick it any moment if you don't wish to be surprised by your men being killed, transfered or... I'm not gonna tell what. :arrgh!: If curious, check it yourself. That's real fun and - believe me - one of the most challenging options in SH3 Commander. :rotfl: When you have your favourite officer, you've awarded him all the possible medals, badges, flowers and papers, and suddenly, out of nowhere... he chooses to return to mummy and you loose him. :)

Schwuppes
01-18-08, 10:14 PM
Bar fight?

What bar? Where can I find it?

Albrecht Von Hesse
01-18-08, 10:21 PM
I've had crew killed in a traffic accident, killed by terrorists, and go awol. All sorts of interesting things. --grins--

Abd_von_Mumit
01-18-08, 10:29 PM
I've had crew [...]. All sorts of interesting things. --grins--
Don't spoil it to others - exploring it self is such a fun... :nope:

Uncle Goose
01-19-08, 03:12 AM
You can untick it any moment if you don't wish to be surprised by your men being killed, transfered or... I'm not gonna tell what. :arrgh!:

Or turned gay??

makes me wonder how many hidden gays there were in the U-boat arm.

Morts
01-19-08, 09:01 AM
gee thanks Goose
now i cant make my self go into the control room
or any other part of the uboat except the captains quarters:o
:rotfl::rotfl:

Sailor Steve
01-19-08, 03:57 PM
Don't forget to pull the curtain; the radioman keeps looking at you funny...

marees62
01-19-08, 07:37 PM
I do have the crew career thing ticked off. I'll keep it that way and see what other fates befall my crew. Turn gay, go home to mommy, blown up by bomb sounds like normal wartime happenings. I wonder if any will get the clap and croak in the process?? Hmm there's athought...offed while getting your rocks off...what a way to go....

Sniper_Fox
01-20-08, 12:15 AM
hahaha :rotfl:

i've got to get the GWX enabler thingy for the use of SH commander then, i gotta get in on this stuff. the worst way ive lost crew is by bein on the connin tower and one of my guys got strafed by a hurricane...

that also makes me wonder... can you be caught in a hurricane?