PDA

View Full Version : Dying and Bernard

undercovergeek
01-16-08, 03:33 PM
1. What do you do in the event of death and doom - reload from last save or decide thats it, im dead and start a new career, new crew all over?

2. Who the hell is Bernard everyone mentions in calamaties?

HEMISENT
01-16-08, 03:42 PM
Most of the guys playing at or near 100% realism play DID, dead is dead. This means that if you get killed then that's all she wrote...career over.

I'd imagine most of the shooters, arcade players and those just starting out in the game simply reload as starting a fresh career is extremely time consuming and most often quite boring.

As for Bernard, well, he's the guy that's always to blame for bad thing's happening. Since it's "never" our fault we need someone to blame and Bernard fits the bill.

Sigurd
01-16-08, 03:57 PM
Since it's "never" our fault we need someone to blame and Bernard fits the bill.
For example:

I dont remember parking my U-Boat on ground 20km outside Calais, so when I reloaded to find that exact situation, blame it on Bernard.

In reality, it was either a game bug, or I was just very very drunk from the night before.

abclkhan
01-16-08, 04:25 PM
we should dismiss sailors with `bernard`in their names from crew... gives bad luck :lol:
But I play at 92% with camera on and DID, thats why i have never completed the campaign untill 1945... lol Dont even know whats type XXI

Sailor Steve
01-16-08, 04:58 PM
Bernard was the name used by Dowly when he first started the 'Humurous Pictures' thread:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=84773

Sorry, the fact that the name might appear in a crew roster has nothing to do with the Bernard we talk about. He can't be killed, dismissed or gotten rid of in any manner. He's here to stay.

Blacklight
01-16-08, 05:27 PM
If I go down. I'm dead. I give a salute. I start a new career.;)

bookworm_020
01-16-08, 05:36 PM
He also has plenty of brothers, cosuins, and other relatives, so it means everyone gets one.:x

Fr8monkey
01-16-08, 06:51 PM
He's the German version of Murphy... as in http://www.murphys- laws.com/ (http://www.murphys-laws.com/) :lol:

USS Sea Tiger
01-16-08, 08:08 PM
Bernard is that inept German U-boat IWO spirit that invades my little boys body whenever I am sneaking into a convoy! Ccreeping as quietly as possible,, 2,000 yds from convoy, 500 yds from a a tin can, and he ( bernard hosted in my sons body) wanders by and hits the enter key, "fire torpedo one" into the abyss goes my prepared fish, alerting every tin can and vessel in the area. I sit there dumbfounded, diving for the celler,, decoys spouting out, making a knuckle,

as doom swoops in for a kill.

Sniper_Fox
01-16-08, 10:20 PM
Adolf Bernard is one of my crew members... hes a leading seaman :o and has a Iron cross first class :o

HES AN EXELLENT GUNNER!!!! :o

shocking i know!

but when he f**ks something up:doh:... im sending him to the eastern front!

undercovergeek
01-17-08, 04:47 AM
could Bernard be anything to do with me saving my very first patrol on my very first career and sinking my very first freighter and then corrupting the save so i cant continue? i take it i can also blame bernard for the gnashing of teeth, swearing at my laptop, and general abuse shouted at GWX2 after finding this out