PDA

View Full Version : IXB Torpedo doors

its a viic
01-15-08, 12:02 PM
I was on Patrol yesterday above SCAPA and a strange thing was happening that I havent come across yet. I was in my spanking brand new IXB U53. I had a target in sight.. large cargo. I am still playing gwx 1.03. While lining up my target I would hit the green button ( torpedo 1) after setting topedos to impact and depth and it sounded like the torpedo door would open. I would then hit q on the keyboard to open it manually and it sounded like it would open again. Did the same for torpedo 2. I hit the green button and it sounded like the topedo door was opening. Well I fire torpedo 1 and sure enough there was a delay. And there was a delay on torpedo 2 also. I usually use a viic , dont the IXB torpedo doors have to be opened manually? I hope I am making myself clear enough on this. Apparently when I hit q on the keyboard I was shutting the door but I was always getting the message '' Opening tube 1, Opening tube 2.
Has anyone come across this?

Zakalwe
01-15-08, 12:23 PM
Hi,

I may be wrong, but it could be the doors are closing again when you switch the tubes.

So a safe procedure should be:

Select tube, open tube, fire --> select second tube etc.

Closing the tube is the "w" key IIRC.

Z.

Jimbuna
01-15-08, 12:25 PM
Q opens and W closes

It sounds like your not in salvo mode....therefore as you open one, the previous one is closing :hmm:

Heibges
01-15-08, 01:39 PM
You can open all the doors manually from the Weapon Officer Station.

Kaleu_Mihoo
01-15-08, 04:13 PM
You can also set a parameter in the torpedo settings of the .dat file of your sub (with minitweaker etc.) to disable the ability to shoot without opening the doors first.

Sailor Steve
01-15-08, 04:15 PM
You can open all the doors manually from the Weapon Officer Station.
Also from the conning tower, and from the Attack Scope saddle (the screen that has you looking at the scope itself; just look down).

Sniper_Fox
01-15-08, 06:54 PM
as well as when your in the conning tower, theres the captains TDC there, whenever im conducting an attack, surface attack or not, i open my tubes there then back up to bridge and charge in! :arrgh!: