PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Remember Motor City Online?

SteminDemon13
01-12-08, 09:12 PM
I do miss that game. It was a shame EA didn't support it after they shut down the servers. I was an original Beta tester for the game which was sweet! I was so happy when I got the Beta CD in the mail. I thought that I wouldn't get one, but damn was I surprised. In the begining you started out with either a busted ford ranchero or a rusty 57 Bel Air, You got to build your own car the way you wanted, paint it, test it on the track, buy all kinds of parts for your ride, and best of all race numerous fun tracks against fellow motor heads, make your own car club after you had a certain ammount of cash. Buy and sell cars. Make your own business buying, fixing up and selling cars, it even had car and parts auctions. You could set up pinks races, and numerous other setups. The choices in the game were amazing.

The most memorable part for me was when the servers were closing down they had stopped accepting subscriptions and stuff, I had to suspend mine for a little while prior to, but when I called up EA to turn it back on they told me they were holding off on any orders, but then the guy told me that he would reactivate my account free of charge and I wouldn't have to pay for the remainder of the time the servers would be up. That was really kick @$$ if you ask me. I sure wish they would make another game like that. The comunity was great, you even learned a lot in the process. The game stayed on top of the historical accuracy, which was great.

Many of us E-mailed EA to see if they would make a last update so that you would be able to play on other servers and even a single player mod, unfortunately though....they never came to fruition:( .

To all my fellow MCO motorheads, it was great racing with you:rock: .