PDA

View Full Version : Dave aka Leovampire has passed

Doolittle81
01-09-08, 01:39 AM
I just realized that the folks on this forum who don't regularly visit the SH4 Mod's forum, but still have benefited from the work of the great SH4 Mod'ers, may not yet have heard of Dave's passing. The most recent 4-5 pages at this link cover our SH4 community loss: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=122408

Here is a link to a small tribute: For Dave (http://files.filefront.com/ForDaveRevwmv/;9426393;/fileinfo.html)

DavyJonesFootlocker
01-09-08, 08:02 AM
I had no idea. I'm sure he was a great asset and inspiration and would be missed greatly. I hope his loved ones will be alright.

PS: I tried out some of his mods and all I have to say is- The man was a genius!

SteamWake
01-09-08, 10:13 AM
Rest in peace Dave :oops:

Snuffy
01-09-08, 11:55 AM
<o :salute:

You will be missed!

fvd
01-09-08, 03:20 PM
My god, i'm really shocked to hear this!
It kinda knocks my off my feet, i had some contact with him (private messages via this forum) and i knew he had been in the hospital but did'nt know it was this bad...

Yes indeed, he gave us some ecellent mod's and we will surely miss him.

fvd

MichaelW
01-09-08, 03:39 PM
I did not know him and have only just now started loading in mods.

But my condoloenseces go out to all that knew him and particulalry to his family.

badaboom
01-09-08, 05:14 PM
He was a extremely talented and kind person,We will miss him

RIP/Dave

Hawk_345
01-09-08, 06:16 PM
yes, he will surely be missed by all who new him, and his work.

nikimcbee
01-09-08, 09:55 PM
I just realized that the folks on this forum who don't regularly visit the SH4 Mod's forum, but still have benefited from the work of the great SH4 Mod'ers, may not yet have heard of Dave's passing. The most recent 4-5 pages at this link cover our SH4 community loss: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=122408

Here is a link to a small tribute: For Dave (http://members.cox.net/bshdoinvst/ForDave.wmv)

Very nice tribute

Sailor Steve
01-10-08, 10:24 AM
Yes, very nice.

Payoff
01-11-08, 12:58 AM
Rest In Peace Leovampire.

MaciejK
01-11-08, 02:38 AM
Rest in peace, Sir.

manucapo
01-11-08, 10:44 AM
bad news he will be missed, but his great work wont be forgotten im sure.

VonDos
01-11-08, 10:57 AM
Rest in peace, a requiem for LeoVampire

AVGWarhawk
01-11-08, 11:21 AM
If you would like to donate to the plaque for Dave's family in rememberence or donate to the American Heart Foundation, please click here:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=128619

Captain Midnight
01-11-08, 12:02 PM
I was about half-way through downloading and installing his wonderful ROW mod before realizing this had happened. Thanks for posting this thread. My condolences to his family and friends. It is very sad, indeed...:cry:

Doolittle81
01-11-08, 12:36 PM
I exceeded my bandwidth for the tribute to Dave.

You can find it here now...the downloaded version is better than the streaming version.

Here is a link to the small tribute: For Dave (http://files.filefront.com/ForDavewmv/;9402943;/fileinfo.html)

Iron Budokan
01-11-08, 01:35 PM
That was an awesome tribute. Thank you!

simonb1612
01-12-08, 07:54 PM
We lost a great friend to this community. My thought and prayers go out to Daves family an all those lucky enough to have known him.
Calm seas ahead Dave.

TDK1044
01-12-08, 09:39 PM
The words of one of our members sum it up:

"He Gave So Much To So Many
Now He Has Gone
Grieve Not, Fellow Captains
His Reflection Will Live On"

ReallyDedPoet
01-12-08, 09:41 PM
I took Doolittle's great tribute and it is my intro now for the game.

RDP

Doolittle81
01-12-08, 10:51 PM
I took Doolittle's great tribute and it is my intro now for the game.

RDP

I made some minor fixes to that 'tribute'...the same link should have given it to you and others, but I've had problems......here is the link to Filefront streaming(not so good) and it can be Downloaded which is much better: http://files.filefront.com/ForDaveRevwmv/;9426393;/fileinfo.html

As you may see the opportunity, please pass along this new version/Link. I can't keep track of the several different Memorial/Condolence threads for Dave...

yamato9
01-13-08, 07:34 PM
I Didnīt know Dave or got any contact with him, but Dave is member of our community and like i read about him, he was very kind man.

Rest in peace Dave.

Tarl
01-24-08, 01:10 AM
Omigosh!! Man, I'm in shock! I been away for a few months, come back to the forum and hear this? Wow, What happened?

My thoughts and prayers to all Dave's family and friends. I always read each post he made with great detail and enthusiasm.

<salute>

Tarl

Schwuppes
01-24-08, 06:43 AM
Why did he die?

Sailor Steve
01-24-08, 01:47 PM
Why did he die?
Follow the link in the first post of this thread, and go back a few pages. It will explain all.

DaveCrom01
01-24-08, 03:15 PM
I'm a new guy here.

It seems Dave gave a lot, to many, for nothing, and with enthusiasm.

Good qualities individually, but so rare in the one person.

Lest we forget.

Xenome
01-24-08, 05:55 PM
Even I am also new to this forum since yesterday I have red several messages of Dave. I must confess that this forum is like big family and even if you don't know the feelings of another person you try to feel with him and also try to feel with other people around him.
Its hard to believe that a man as I got him known in the last 24 hours though his posts passes and leaves us all alone. Within a family it is always hard to realise why a so loved person has passed. But in such difficult and hard situations its very much worth if a family stands together and talks about his past about his work he has done for his family, for his surroundings. It is important to keep him alive in our minds, to keep him alive in our memories. It is hard to find another person who is made like him. It is hard to try to get over the hill of pain which surrounds us all but as a family as a community we can keep him alive within our selfs.
A very big sorry for his family and all people who were and are still close to him. I feel with them and I know how hard it is to see someone pass and to heal ones own wounds wich occure afterwards. There are so many thigs which are undone in his live so many words which are unspoken. He went away from this world too early. I give him my best wishes and I hope he can see us from up there and he can say that the work he has done for all of his family and his surrounding was only for good and he will be kept in memories for live.

Rest in peace Dave

ReallyDedPoet
01-24-08, 06:57 PM
Nice posts lads :roll:. Dave was did amazing things with SH4, just check out his ROW Mod, but he was even more amazing as a person and as a member of this great community. He would help anybody that needed it, had a great sense of humor and would wish you a great day no matter if your we new here or a veteran of SUBSIM.

He is dearly missed, but his memory will live on :yep:

RDP

chopped50ford
08-17-08, 01:09 AM
Im sorry to bring this back to the top but im saddened to hear of LeoVampires death.

I stand and salute you for what you have done for us on SH4.

You are truly missed.

God Speed!

(wipes tear from eye)