PDA

View Full Version : problem with sh4 and windows vista

red0bull
01-08-08, 12:48 PM
I cant play sh4 with vista x64. the intro starts but when it's finished the game stops to work. i have downloaded the patch 1.3, got the original cd and the newest nvidia drivers. any ideas how to get this great game to work with vista???

Zantham
01-08-08, 02:23 PM
Some tips to start with:

1) Download patch 1.4 for Silent Hunter 4.

http://www.ubi.com/US/Downloads/Info.aspx?dlId=2172 << This link may work for you to get the patches.

2) Make sure when you installed the game, you did NOT install it into the Program Files (or Program Files x86) folder, where it wants to go by default. When the game asks you where to install change it to C:\SH4 or similar.

3) After you get it installed and patched, try a test-run with no mods at all.

4) There is two movies on startup: the Ubisoft logo, and then the game movie. Do both of the movies play, or just one? This can indicate if its a codec issue or not.

I and others do run SH4 with Vista x64 with no problems, so hopefully you get yours sorted out :)

skwasjer
01-08-08, 06:16 PM
There are known issues with some codec packs. One that I personally had problems with was one of the recent K-Lite codec packs. After uninstalling it, SH4 ran past the intro. Check if you have codec pack installed and try to remove it. If it then works you may want to look for another pack if you still want to be able to watch movies etc...

I have Vista x64 too btw.