PDA

View Full Version : Constant Crashes

SeeFalke
01-07-08, 08:38 PM
OK this has got me totaly puzzled. I have Visat 32 Bit with more than the recommended hardware to run it. I load up SH4, runs fine with the ROW and RFB mods installed using the Mod Installer. I get out to sea, I'm cruising along and then at about close to midnight on the first day It crashes to desktop....every time. Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix the issue or is it a Vista issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I miss playing SH4 and I really don't want to have to go back to XP, too much work invloved.

punkmaster98
01-07-08, 09:10 PM
i have the same problem, but my game crashes when a contact shows up on the map.

Wilcke
01-08-08, 10:19 AM
Been testing out some BETA Real Fleet Boat mods and on Sunday night I am cruising North in an S-Boat East of the Phillipines. I was using the plot/waypoints and put one close to an island....and I would CTD when withing 40 miles.

I kept saving the game....and tried different things...I finally moved the waypoint east and "presto chango"....no more CTD! I then cruised over to the same island using the helm and no problem. So in my case it was a waypoint to close to land?....or to much time compression as I am trying to get a lot done in a short amount of time.

I try to save once every hour of game time. At this point. This maybe all worthless to you guys but definately food for thought.

SeeFalke
01-08-08, 01:47 PM
Well I figured it out, its the ROW mod that is causing the crashes. Still trying to figure out why